cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE in Web Dynpro ABAP

mariano_gallicchio2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts, im using the fm ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE.

When i call this fm from a web dynpro i have a dump that says that cannot import the clipboard.

Any ideas why this is happening?

(The parameter of the function are Ok, becouse if I call the function from SAP/R3 everything work fine)

ThankS!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Not every function module or class is safe to use within Web Dynpro. Some of them assume a connection to the SAPGUI and therefore access to the client desktop - which simply isn't possible when running within a browser. This would appear to be the case - as are many of the function modules that deal with Excel (their either use upload, frontend services, or office automation via the SAPGUI).

mariano_gallicchio2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer!

I will continue searching for other fm!

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Thanks for the answer!

>

> I will continue searching for other fm!

I didn't mean to imply that there is a Function Module that should work from Web Dynpro. In fact I would be highly suprised if there was one. As already posted in this forum, the only way to get data from the client desktop is with the fileUpload UI element. No function module is going to be able to work with the Web Dynpro UI element.

mariano_gallicchio2
Participant
0 Kudos

OK! thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This function will not work from Webdynpro because its need SAP GUI interface .

you can use FI_UPLOAD UI element to upload the file. even then you can't upload Excel file directly.

you can upload CSV file.There are lot of threads available on this group