cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manger Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ;

I am Installing SAP nw 04 Ides Sr1 and Solution manager is mandatory for installation. i am using solution manager for first time.

can any one tell me how to generate solution manager key

from tr code SMSY.(I have defined system but key generation option is not there)

And i am also confused about solution manger license key from market place.wheather it is mandatory to install permanent license key before generating solution manager key for further installation.

Regards

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Solution Manager Key is a requirement when installing NetWeaver based products; in this case your IDES system.

If you already had added the system into Solution Manager directory, then to generate the key proceed as follows:

from Tx. SMSY select:

--> from the menu "System Landscape" --> "Other Objects..."

...Then a new dialog box will show; choose the "System" option (checked by default) and drill down to select the system ID you need an installation/upgrade key.

...Once you have the system selected; choose from the Icons below the "Generate Installation/Upgrade Key"

...A new window will open; in that box you need to fill the actual system environment, then click "Generate Key" button.

That's all, you can now continue with the installation procedure!!! (copy and paste the installation key during installation in the SAPinst)

The difference between the both key's is the following:

- The Solution Manager key is only required during installation and the Marketplace Key that you need to install with Tx. SLINCESE is the actual license key for your IDES system installation.

Hope this helps !

Best Regards,

Federico G. Babelis

http://www.gazum.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federico;

Thanks for u r quick reply.

the solution u provided is quite helpfull.even SAP notes says that but the problem is when i select other objects --system in tr code SMSY but after this i am not getting any option to generate key.

is solution manger version is any issue.

Regards

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your solution manager version ?

Regards,

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution Manager 3.1

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you still have this issue?; if yes I can try to find a 3.1 system in my installations and look for the key generation...

Regards,

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federico;

The issue is still there.

i tried with fresh sol manager 3.1 installation but it didn't worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Why you don't try with Solution Manager 3.2 ?

As I can see, you are on a early implementation stage for Solution Manager; I will strongly recommend to start implementing SolMan 3.2 SP09.

Regards,

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks federico

for the time given for my question.

i got the answer of this query.

for key generation.

Sol manger 3.1 sp20

or sol Manager 3.2 sp4 min is required.

Thanks for all the support

Nilesh