Dear SAP,

It seems like you left by themselves,

alone in the dark,

your young community guys

with their SAP Sneak Preview systems

all dead.

Why don't we find anymore

our beloved SIDs (NSP, CTB, J2E....)

in the [minisap|http://www.sap.com/minisap/] license page?

Are you SAP punishing us?

Were we bad guys?

If so, we all must apologize.

I think we've learned the lesson:

you rule, you have the power.

We're just passionate

mortal programmers.

Please, give us back the licenses.

Yours sincerely,

Lost Sheep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need the CTB license...SAP please help!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I seriously protest to the policy of SAP, minisap was anounced and sold as part of (expensive) books and the short notice period is not decent at all. As a freelance ABAP consultant I heavily depend on minisap to deliver quality to my customers.

2. The expiration is caused by the progress of time, so the solution is to stop and/or reverse time. Set the current date to a point before the expiration date of the license. This can be done manually (Windows: Start> Settings> ConfigurationScreen> Date&Time> Date) before starting SAP Engine or automated (in Start SAP Engine in my case C:\MiniWAS\runBSP.cmd add the MSDOS statement DATE dd-mm-jj as first statement).

Then everything runs smooth except of course testing of applications that are dependent on the progress of the date, but that should be done on operational systems I think.

3. This trick is morally justified by the misbehaviour of SAP is my feeling.

4. I noticed myself to start thinking in terms of "we" (developers) and 'they" (SAP policy makers). We all know where this destructive approach can lead to. I recommend to SAP that their policy makers rethink their License Renewal policy.

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jan,

To tell you the truth, after some struggling and thanks to SAP Mentors, all licenses (except CTB) have been restored. See the [minisap|http://www.sap.com/minisap/] page.

By the way, I perfectly understand your position. I strongly think that SAP attitude towards developers is ridiculous. In the end, and more and more with this growing community (that they originally wanted...), we are their life blood...

So, what is this licensing stuff (for us, developers) supposed to mean?

What is the meaning of Subcriptions??? As I said elsewhere, is this their strategy? Really?? Milking money from developers? C'mon...

And don't even let me talk about SAP licensing for customers... There's only one single word to describe it: embarassing, both in terms of clearness, strategy and - finally - money. (btw, did someone understand the "per usage" licesing policy of enterprise services?!?)

When you ask for a price, their answer is: "teel me for which customer..."

When I propose a scenario (maybe beautiful from an architectural point of view, inlcuding CAF-GP, Adobe Interactive Forms, and so on) to a customer, then he asks me: "How much will I spend in terms of licenses?". My usual sad answer is: "You should contact your SAP Account Manager". And you know what? When they come back to me with SAP answer (the bill, let's say), they tell me: "Are you crazy???"... Beatiful. Great satisfaction.

It's a hard life, isn't it?

Cheers,

Alex

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

we can live without minisap, can't we?

saved sheep (by the Lord Jesus)

Andreas

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andreas,

Yes, in Heaven, I could live without it.

But on Earth... No, I can't.

Thanks for your response, anyway: at least you have sufficient irony to catch the taunt...

Take care,

Lost Sheep

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

there was no irony in my words.

have a nice weekend

God's blessing to all SDN's

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Alessandro,

where is the NSP licence ? my licence is expired and i can't reactivated it.

Andreas, sometimes i work at home and preview licence is very important for me.

Cheers