cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Manager - multiple sessions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Is there a limitation of how many Data Manger clients can be deployed ?

We have a requirement where we may not have an option to go in for a web front end for a user base of over 500.

Regards,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

As per I know you can any number of datamanger session.

Regards

Sreeram

Former Member
0 Kudos

adding to it,

It will be important that parallel database functions are not possible. However they can do other functions normally.

While one user will be updating or deleting, other users will get wait message.

+ An

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same situation.

The limitation is purely based on Server Side memory. You'll need to have enough RAM available on the MDS host box.

For my repository, MDS appears to consume 4 bytes per cached record (i.e. all lookup records + a couple of hundred main table records).

Here's a suggestion:

1. Measure the main memory allocated to your MDS process ("mds-r" on Unix), with no clients connected - Console/DataManager/ImportMgr/Syndicator etc. Mount/Load "full" repositories.

2. Connect via the DataManager - start with 1 session, and increase to 10 sessions (from the same desktop or multiples - doesn't matter). Measure memory usage with each additional session.

3. You'll hopefully see a linear memory allocation pattern like I did (1 = 4MB, 2 = 8MB, 10 = 40MB etc)

4. This will show you how much RAM to make available server-side, to support 500 DataManager sessions. I needed 24GB.

Good Luck,

...Dee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

There is no limitation on the number of data manger sessions one can open .But however if your requirement needs that multiple people work on different Data manger sessions simultaneously then they may be an inconsistency issue.

As data amnger evn though can be open by multiple people at the same time it is not dynamically updatable.

So you will ahve to refresh your Session every time (f5) to get the latest data changes.

If this is not an issue for you then you can go ahead else you can also for a workflow where every user you will hav eto work on the master dat in the MDM repository will do so only when his/her turn comes through the workflow.

So there will be security as well as order in the data management with sequential access .

Hope It Helped,

Kindly Reward Points if found useful

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Also can we find out from the multiple sessions opened about the User details. Requirement is I have multiple sessions open with different User IDs, how to track this.

thanks -Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can obtain this information under Admin -> connections table. There you will find all list of user who are working currently on that repository along with application name (i.e. through data manager or console or import manager).

Even u can access this information through API's.

Regards,

Abhijeet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet

thanks for the reply.

The question here is to know the login details from the different data manager sessions itself.From COnnections console we know who all are logged in but which session belongs to individual Users is still not known. how to get this info?

regards

Ravi