cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Basis instalation, required to a programmer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Can anyone tell me what are the SAP basis requiered for a programmer??

what do i need to install on a machine to be able for a programmer ??

Does anyone knows?

Thanks in Advance,

Best regards,

João Martins

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your anwser Sergo.

My client has the SAP already instaled instaled, but i need to know what files, packages etc are needed just for the programmers. Besides the normal instalation of SAP, is there any specific file or package for a programmer??

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

joão Martins

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on what sphere wish to program, ABAP,BEX (for BI,BW), webdynpro JAVA ,webdynpro ABAP, are you use NWDI or single Portal, Visual Composer are where also. In any case for ABAP programming good if you install Latest SAPGUI with latest PL and all components for it. I'm not programmer but every day i'm on finding information about new tehnologis in SAP (for programmers) , if you will have concrete problem, try ask here and we let's try to help you. Abaut programming you need to ask on "Java Programming" , " Web Dynpro ABAP ",

" Web Dynpro Java ","ABAP, General","Portal Content Development","BI General" forums, and when you solve that it is necessary to you, then ask here details if it's required.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo,

Once again thanks for yours awnsers. Basically it's for ABAP programmer only. what i dont understand it's the PL omponents... What's PL stands for ?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

João Martins

Former Member
0 Kudos

The PL are patch level, for SAP GUi, good if you always install latest Patch Level. For example the 710 GUI -->

ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapgui/win/710

and latest on this time 8 PL -->

ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapgui/win/710/patches/

P.S. Programmers used transactions are under -->

SAP menu --.> Tools --> Abap Workbench

P.P.S also for programming It is necessary especial "license type" for programmers.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your awnsers Sergo.

Regards,

João Martins

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello joao martins . Can you explain in more deteail, you need to install all required components on your home pc (for example) to learn programming ? If yes try to read this blog

But in this month strange not clear situation with licenses on NSP systems, in any case you can use it first 30 days without problems, let's hope that SAP will solve a problem with licenses. Regards.