cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear Experts

I need to integrate my Java application which is based on web services into SAP.And the back end database used for my Java application is MYSQL.I wnt to know which adapter is best at sender system and which adapter at receiver system i need to go for?

How can i pick the file from the MYSQL database using my sender adapter?

Sender system is JAVA and receiver system is SAP R/3.

can u help me how the process i need to follow?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farook,

You are using MYSQL DB and you have to get values from MYSQL DB. you need to use jdbc adapter. it supports all kind of databases. Dont think about the type of the application.

Your Source is MYSQL DB and Target is SAP R/3 you need JDBC-IDOC scenario.

Thanks,

RamuV

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You ca use JDBC Adapter or SOAP Adapter(because we have the webservicess)

at sender side.

2. Use IDOC/ RFC / Proxy at Receiver side.

For selecting the adapters check this link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By reading u r description i can understand u wanna transfer data from the SQL to R/3.

If that is the case , no need to bring u r java application i between.

Use : JDBC Sender Adapter (U have to deploy JDBC Driver given by vendors to that SQL DB in XI j2ee Server)

Receiver would be : RFC (sap r/3 < 6.2) OR U CAN USE PROXIES (If u r greater that WAS 6.2)

This would serve u r requirment

If u want to use u r JAVA then u can use SOAP Sender Service , first u need to create your XI Outbound inteface as "WebService" then u can call that using u r JAVA.

Hope this helps u

rwd points if useful

regards

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said Your sender application is JAVA and the receiver application is SAP,

1) Use SOAP Adapter or HTTP at sender side( by exposing the JAVA application as Webservice)

2) Use IDOC or RFC or Proxy at Receiver side

Check this on which adapters needs to be use while dealing with SAP applications

Regards

Seshagiri

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use SOAP at sender as u already haev the webservice. It is better not to touch the database directly using XI (if u have options).

If ur call is sync, use abap proxy of RFC. In case ur call is async and u have standard idocs available at receiver, use idoc adapter.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can use JDBC (if MYSQL database) adapter at sender side.

regards

kummari

Edited by: kummari on Jul 21, 2008 2:05 PM