cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error detected by database DLL. [On Page Server: server_name]

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a web app that launches Crystal Reports (version 😎 in the crystal reports viewer that plugs into IE (version 6.0 & 7.0). The reports connect to SQL Server 2005. We have some reports that work but we have 2 reports that used to work but stopped working since we made the change. Whenever we launch the report from the browser we get

u2018Error detected by database DLL. [On Page Server: server_name]u2019

This is very frustrating as we have

Recreated the reports from scratch

Checked the connection to the database

We connect to the live server using Terminal Server and we installed Crystal on the terminal server and the reports run fine there.

We had the report s working after the modification but for some strange reason they stop working and we start getting the above error

Also we have noticed that sometimes when we remove the query string (?sf=...) to the report it works (actually we get the login screen - but it works fine after that).

Please note that the reports with the query string work fine on our test server and on my local machine connecting to a local copy of the database.

I am now very confused and would be very grateful for any help on this issue.

Best regards

Jose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, after much search I found and fixed the problem.

The problem was that I connect to two databases as part of a general view and our live server did not have the 'Crystal' user defined for the second (and less used) database. Once we defined the user on this second database it worked.

One comment I would like to make is that the friendly error message 'Error detected by database DLL. [On Page Server: server_name]' is not as good as the 'raw' message that we get when we finally connected Crystal to the live server database and try to run the report - it went something like 'you are missing a connection to the database database_name' - I wished I had this error from the start.