cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing from local change requests to transportable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

i have a system that has transport system set to Local change Requests and would like to transport them into another system .The transports have been released .what is the quickest way to change this without redoing the transports?

Any ideas are welcome

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

edit: nevermind, I responded to your first post only. Yes, the above post is right, you need to generate the cofile and data files first, which can be accomplished by a virtual system.

Edited by: Kevin on Jul 21, 2008 2:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I have created the virtual system but nothing still appears in the target system.Doesnt this have to do with the transport layers etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to release the transport again. If you can't do this, try creating a new transport and include the old transport as a part of it. Then release the new transport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i think i have manged to sort it,the problem was with the transport routes the direction where it was pointing to.It was supposed to be from the SID to the virtual system not the other way round .Working now.

Thanks all guys

antonio_voce
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes , as I tell in my previous post "yourSID" ===> V01

Good work.

Antonio.

antonio_voce
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you find under usr/sap/trans/data and usr/sap/trans/cofile R"reqnumb.".sid and K"reqnumb.".sid ?

antonio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no cofile and datafile created for local change request.

regards,

kaushal

antonio_voce
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes , because he don't have consolidation route leading from the current system defined in the TMS for this transport layer.

He have to configure a consolidation route to transport the request to another system,right ?

Thank you , antonio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for the responses.

I have done An import overview:Domain Domain_SID check and got this error:

RFC communications error with system/destination TMSADM SID.DOMAIN_SID Error during the retrieval of the logon data stored in secure storage.

So it looks like the stms configuration has a problem.So if i redo the configuration will that not affect the transports that have been released?

antonio_voce
Contributor
0 Kudos

you must reistall CTS otherwise transport between system does not work.

released request still remain released.

Changes to objects in the R/3 System are recorded in requests and tasks.

The requests can be transported into other R/3 Systems. The transport

targets are defined by configuring the transport landscape in the R/3

System.

When changes are made to the transport landscape, the old transport

route configuration is stored in the R/3 System. This helps to solve

transport problems when the landscape is changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses.i have reconfigured stms and the TMSADM error is gone.

When i try to SE10 -> create -> workbench request ->

give the description and target system SID

there is no target system appearing or my target system is not there .This is a Dev system with only the customizing client .i wanted the transport system to generate the cofiles and data files so that i can move them across to another system..

Any more ideas most welcome

antonio_voce
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

the solution is to create a Virtual System !

Create a virtual system , for example V01, and the configure STMS for standard two landascape systems :

"yourSID" ===> V01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you configure STMS and transport route?

if yes then process as follows.

create new workbench request using SE10

SE10 -> create -> workbench request ->

give the description and target system SID.

select the request and click on include object ( ctrl + F11) check object list from request and enter you local transport request number. -> enter

release the new request and import it in target system.

regards,

kaushal