cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear negative WM Stocks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need to clear negative WM stocks. Please let me know if any of you have come across this scenario and solution.

Scenario : warehouse management activated for plant+storage location for which stock already exists. Any more stock removal from this storage location results in a negative quant's at WM.

Steps to construct the scenario

1. Posted a Material document, say for a quantity of 10, results in IM stock of 10. No warehouse stocks exits.

2. Warehouse management activated for plant+storage location.

3. Material document is cancelled

4. As a result stock at IM is zero, where as stock at WM is -10

P.S : Transaction LX23 does not solve this scenario (-ve stocks)

Error Message " The following WM stock figures could not be cleared because quantities are negative or belong to returns stock "

Possible solutions:

1. Reversing configuration may not be feasible as huge stocks exits in this storage location for other materials, which may result in other issues.

2. Deleting table entries. What are the other tables entries to be deleted apart from table "LQUA" ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor

Hi,

If you consider your whole WM stock, it should be zero. Run transaction LX02, give WH no., material no. - considering whole stock in WM the result should be zero.

IM and WM should be in harmony.

You said that you have a negative quant in WM > search for the positive quant that has the same attributes (material no., stock category, batch, etc). This positive quant should be moved to the bin where negative quant is and your problem is solved hopefully.

You can do this 'manually', using transaction LT01 / LT10 or search for relevant TR in LB10. Processing the TR you can also move the +quant to the -quant.

BR

Csaba

Sorry misunderstood. the problem was with the wrong implementation of WM...

My suggestion is that you should cancel (reverse) all the steps you have taken and do it in the proper way...

E.g. Assign an empty SLoc (create a brand new one) to an empty WH and after that move the goods fom your SLoc-in-use to the new SLoc (new SLoc is the newly created SLoc which is assigned to WH, IM-mvt 311) > in this way all the goods with proper quantities will get both to SLoc and WH at once...

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 21, 2008 1:37 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 21, 2008 1:40 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think that you have had your question answered so if you are happy with this can you please award points if you want to but mainly can you please mark your question as answered so that it is easier to navigate around the open questions in the forum as the number of pages are growing and growing and it takes too long to go through everything expecially if a satisfactory answer has already been given and people like me who want to help will give up and so some people may not get any help.

Thanks for this

Frenchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that you have IM already implemented and now you want to implement WM.

First undo what you have done 1 - 4.

Now use Transaction MB52 to get a list of all the materials with their quantities per Plant/StLoc.

Adjust the lay-out so that you have a list of MatNo Quantity.

Move that list to Excel.

Compare that with a list from your external WMS (I assume that up till now you worked with an external WMS).

Remove the differences.

Get a list with quantities per bin (from your external WMS). .

Find an developper to write a program to fill table LQUA with the content of that list.

IM quantity/material (via MB52) will now be equal to the total of the WM quantity/material.

BR.

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you mean that you have DE activated the Warehouse st location link. If this is the case then use lt01 or LT10 to move the positive stock in to the negative stock and one should cancel out the other.

Please be more specific

I hope that this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this:

1. Cancel the reversal movement - the stock will return both in IM and WM.

2. Make the reversal IM movement type temporary not relevant for WM activities in Interface to IM config

3. Cancel the material document

4. Male reversal movement type relevant immediately

This would help, I suppose.

It's better to restrict user rights for reversal movement type for the period of stock correction activities.