Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice for customizing EJB property after deployment

lee_dong
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

What is the best practice for customizing EJB property after deployment in NW7.1? I have a stateless session bean and it needs to get some environment information before acting. While the information can only be known at runtime. What should I do to achieve it? I thought I can bind the property with a JNDI context but I did not find out where to declare and change the context value. Please advise. Thanks.

B.R.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

Env entries are perfect for this purpose. And you can edit them online - just start the NWA and go to Configuration Management -> Infrastructure -> Application Modules, choose your ejb-jar module and bean, and change the value as required.

HTH!

\-- Vladimir

lee_dong
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks. While at that location I did not see any entry which is editable. I guess I still need to declare the env entry somewhere like ejb-jar.xml?

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sure. First you need to declare it in ejb-jar.xml or @Resource and then you'll see it and be able to edit it in the NWA. From the list of modules you'll have to select your module and then in the "EJB Module Details" go to the "Environment & References" tab.

lee_dong
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have a similar problem. But I still can not edit the properties of the ejb-jar.xml.

I tried to stop the web service, but the properties still remain unmodifiable.

Could you advise me how to change them?

We have installed SAP Server 7.0.2

Answers (0)