cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete (cancel) sales order with subsequent document - delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The question I have is probably very simple, but still need an advice (or confirmation for described approach)

To make it easier I will use names for SO (like S01,SO2...etc) and deliveries.

Customer created 1 sales order (SO1) and from it Outbound delivery (OD1). This Outbound delivery (OD1) has 2 items:

first item from another sales order(lets call it SO2)

and second from SO1

The delelivery quantities are as follows:

Item one (for SO2) : 100 (its all pieces)

item two (for S01): 0 (zero!)

Delivery is done by external software and SAP system only receives confirmation that it was successfull (completed). The delivery OD1 is completed.

Unfortunatelly customer created another Sales Order (SO3) for the same goods and created another outbound delivery (OD2) with delivered quantity equal to all ordered goods (not like for OD1, where we had zero).

We have following situation:

SO1 and SO3 are for the same goods, so SO1 has to be cancelled.

SO2 is ok and has nothing to do with the problem.

Cancellation of SO1 is not possible, because there is outbound delivery (but with delivered quantity 0). The only possibility I have in mind is to reject SO1 (and it gets status completed). This looks fine, but the problem is with the outbound delivery (OD1). I cannot remove second item (for S01) because the delivery status (overall) is "completed". The system says:

"The goods movement status (partially or completely processed) does not allow the item to be deleted."

For me its fine to leave the delivery as it is, becuase the delivered quantity is equal to zero.

The are no other documents in the system (like invoice)

What do you think?

regards

Rafal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafal,

If u have done PGI, then reverse the PGI for SO1, and then Delete the line item and then delete the Delivery, now try to cancel SO1 and you problem will be solved.

If you havent done PGI, then u can simply Delete the delivery.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply.

See: there was goods issue, but in document flow it shows goods issue only for item 1. Remember that item 2 that I don't need (want to delete) has Actual quantity delivered (in sales units): 0. Only delivered quantity for item 1 is correct.

For items:

Goods movement status (GS) is "completed" for both items

Billing status of delivery-related billing documents (BS) is A (not yet proccessed) for both items

Overall status:

Overall picking / putaway status - Completed

Total goods movement status - Completed (and this is why I cannot remove item 2)

Billing status : A (not yet proccessed)

On the "document flow" screen I see the status for delivery " being proccessed. This is becuase of the missing billing, right?

My question is like this: do I have to care about item 2 from the outbound delivery (after I rejected sales order connected to it), or do I have to delete it somehow. Although there is item on the list it has "delivery quantity" zero, so I don't think it will influence billing. Right?

I don't want to delete whole delivery. Only solve issue with item 2, where delivered quantity is zero. I need just confirmation, that if I leave it with zero and cancell connected sales order, then this will be ok.

Regards

Rafal