cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic File Name on Receiver Side using XSLT mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is a Proxy to File scenario.The File on the receiving side is a TEXT file generated due to XSLT mapping. The file name has to be dynamic like- TEST<DDMMYYHHMMSS>File.DAT.

If somebody knows how to do the same please help.

Regards

Ritu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all the help.

But I can generate a text file directly from XSLT mapping using the

xsl:output method="text"

tag.And my requirement is such that I cannot do it through XML because my text contains html tags embedded in it.

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My XSLT mapping program is as an Imported Archive object in the Repository and not as a Transformation.

I forgot to mention the same.

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I read the blog on ABAP XSLT extensions.The comment about IF_MAPPING_DYNAMIC_CONF is not clear.

Please help.

Ritu

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Add Time stamp option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My XSLT is generating a text file and so no XML payload is generated.

So we cannot use %var% way of working.

Regards,

Ritu

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

How are u generating a text file directly from XSLT mapping ?

After your XSLT mapping , it will generate valid XML as an output right ?? If your output is XML , then you can use variable substitution option in the receiver file adapter configuration and you can achieve as desired.

You can use content conversion option of File adapter to convert the XML messages into text file.

Regards,

Moorthy

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

I agree to Krishna.With your XSLT mapping create a XML output which can be converted to a text file with content conversion.

And for the dynamic file name, i guess its the date that matters which needs to be in DDMMYYHHMMSS format. the same can be accomplished by a Java function and calling it in your XSLT .

Do refer this weblog it will help you accomplish the same.

>>> /people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/06/27/xslt-mapping-with-java-enhancement-for-beginners

Regards,

Shabarish

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

You can go through these blogs to give you more information about dynamic file name generation:

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/28/dynamic-file-namexslt-mapping-with-java-enhancement-using-xi-30-sp12-part-ii

Regards,

Chandra

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do it in 2 ways:

- java XSLT extenstions

(sample java code)

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

- abap XSLT extenstions

using abap xslt:

/people/r.eijpe/blog/2005/11/04/using-abap-xslt-extensions-for-xi-mapping

use: abap IF_MAPPING_DYNAMIC_CONF interface

Regards,

michal