cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to specify the language of a syndication output.

When I create and test the map in the MDM Syndicator the output is written to the port in my logon language.

Question: When I use the Syndication Server for automatic scheduled Syndication - which language is used? And how can I set it to a specific one?

Thanks and regards

Ingo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo and Martin,

In syndicator, right click on the field.

There is an option split Multilingual field .

PS , For sending multiple languages simultaneously; every language you should have separate destination field.

Hope this helps,

+ An

a how-to-guide is on the way

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for your answer.

So splitting up each multilanguaged field would not mean that the whole map uses a global language for all.

It is not neccessary to syndicate different languages simultaneously - just the desired one would be ok.

Regards

Ingo Biermann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

So splitting up each multilanguaged field would not mean that the whole map uses a global language for all.

It is not neccessary to syndicate different languages simultaneously - just the desired one would be ok.

Yes, for the multilingual fields (which have been selected multilingual in console) you can choose your own language and left out global language to be syndicated out.

Hope this helps,

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

In console, Click on server node, then in repository list (Right top pane) select you repository. In the bottom right pane, you will see a field called "language". The very first language, you specified there becomes the default language to logon to the repository. May it be through console/IM/DM/S.

You can use the particular languages for import and syndication. For import manager, in mdis.ini file, mention the language you want to connect during automatic import. Similarly, in mdss.ini you can mention the language to be used for syndication.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

The default language of the repository is English. I have to syndicate into a different one (German).

So your first one is no solution for me.

In the mdss.ini there are two language related properties:

Default Interface Language Code=eng

Default Interface Country Code=US

Changing them seems to have no impact on the Syndication output.

Do you think this should control the overall Syndication output language?

Regards

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I am not saying that this would work. Just give it a try, as i think logically it should work.

Maintain the language, you want to syndicate in, in the console for your repository and then provide parameters in to mdss.ini as follows:

Default Interface Language Code=Language code

Default Interface Country Code=Country code

After this restart your syndication server.

If you want to manually syndicate, you can directly connect to repo using any language maintained in console for that repo and syndicate for the result to come in that particular language.

This is the only way, i think to be possible.

Please let me know if it works.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I am afraid changing these items has no impact on the Syndication output.

Regards

Ingo