cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

partner function

Former Member
0 Kudos

DEAR FRIENDS,

I got one interview question, inteviewer has asked me give the explanation and exemples for partner type, partner function function, and partner objective.

can u help me out.

thanks

nitchel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitchel,

Partner type

The partner type controls the type of master records in Customizing in which a partner can be created.

In Sales and Distribution the partner types are as follows:

Customer (debtor)

Vendor (creditor)

Employee (personnel)

Contact person

If a partner is in several partner types, you must create several master records for this partner.

Example:

If a customer delivers goods to you, you must have a customer master record and a vendor master record for the customer.

Partner function Function

The rights and responsibilities of each partner in a business transaction.

Partner functions in Sales and Distribution include:

Sold-to party--> Who ordering the goods

Ship-to party -->Who recive the goods

Payer -->Who pay the amount for the goods

Bill to party -->Who recieves the bill.

Partner objective

Regarding this I don't Exactly

For more details please go through this SAP help links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/7f/f6341dac6111d2b44c006094b9ea37/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/7f/f6341aac6111d2b44c006094b9ea37/frameset.htm

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in addition to murali ,

Partner objects are customer master, sales document, item category etc.

For each object, in which partner functiions can be created, you can define partner procedures. That means

for the customer master

for sales documents

for sales documents and billing documents: for items

By assigning a procedure you determine for which account groups (for the customer master), which sales document types (for sales documents) and for which item categories this procedure is valid.

saravanan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for u r advises

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

with respect to SD, every customer will perform some funtions say example you went to the super market , you want to buy a book , here you will be performing a function called sold to party.the book will be delivered to you - so another function called ship to party - bill is given to you and you are paying the same . so bill to party and payer.

these partner function are not mandatory. if sold to party pf is mandatory.

these need to be the objective to configure in SAP.

in other cases where you will buy but the book is shiped to your friend so this also need to be configured .

the partner type , partner functions and the partner objective are all where the sap system will identifie the above process.

thanks

Kuntla

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kuntla,

in u r example can u explain me what is partner type, what is partner function and what is partner objective

thanks

nitchel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitchel

First, undestand who is a Partner ?( I am talking of Business Partner ).

Whoever is associated in our business in any form is a Business Partner.

Partner Type

Business Partner are of different types.

One type of partner, supplies me (means , I purchase from him), he is called a VENDOR.

So, *"Vendor" is a PARTNER TYPE

.*One tyep Partner, purchases from me ( I sell him my goods), he is called a CUSTOMER.

So "Customer" is PARTNER TYPE

One type of partner,works for me, he is called EMPLOYEE.

So "Employee" is PARTNER TYPE.

One type of partner,helps in improving my business and called CONTACT PERSON ,which a partner type.

One type of partner, invests in my business and called SHARE HOLDER , which is a partner type.

There are various Partner Type (Types of Business Partner )

As we are in SD, we need a partner type, who will purchase from us. So I require the partner type CUSTOMER.

_PARTNERON FUNCTI_

Customer can be of different type. They are categorised as per their role or function.

For example,

One type of CUSTOMER, gives order is called SOLD-TO-PARTY.

One type of Customer receives the goods is called SHIP-TO-PARTY.

One type of Customer, makes the payment is called PAYER.

One type Customer who receives the Bill is called BILL-TO-PARTY.

So, as per their functions, they have been categorised and called Partner function.

Sold-to-party (SP), Ship-to-party(SH), Bill-to-party(BP) are Payer(PY) called PARTNER FUNCTIONS and they are assigned to the PARTNER TYPE , Customer.

Objective

Partners are required to start and complete a business process and we want that appropriate Partner should be determined automatically by the system in the appropriate place, when we process a Sales document.

So for this, we go for Partner determination, which(partner) is a basic requirement for any business process. That is why ,it is found in SD > Basic function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Partner Function : Partner functions are terms that describe the people and organizations with whom you do business, and who are therefore involved in transactions. For example, when you create an Activity, based on Customizing settings, it automatically includes the partner functions activity partner, contact person, and person responsible. Partner functions are always assigned to partner function categories, which are hard-coded in the system.

The system includes commonly used partner functions, but you can also define your own.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/3c/92ecee484a11d5980800a0c9306667/content.htm

Thanks,

Raja