cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

releasing partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me the importance of releasing partner? If there are many ship to parties or sold to parties of which we can choose, what is the significance in creating releasing partner?

Thank you and with kind regards

Sudha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a authorization check where the when we are delivery material have different ship to parties.

thansk

Kuntla

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha

Suppose take a head office of the organisation "X" is at Mumbai. and it has 4 branches at Delhi(D),Kolkata (K), Chennai (C) & Bangalore (B).

Head office wants that,beside it , its branch D and K also sometimes can place order against the contract made with organisation "Y".

So, branch D and K will be maintained in the customer master of "X" as "Optional Sold-to-party" or also called as the Releasing partners of "X".

Similarly, suppose normally Ship-to-party of "X" is "X" himself but now it wants to add two more "optional ship-to-party" C and B.

So, B and C are now the releasing partner SH for "X" and are added to the master data of "X"..

In contract, you can have multiple Releasing partners for one Partner function in Sales documents, otherwise multiple partners one partner function is not allowed in Sales document.

This is an exception in contract (Outline agreement ) only.

When you want to release from the contract, you use Order type "OR".

Go to VA01, put Order type "OR", click on "Create with reference" button in the tool bar.System will give you a dialog box, put your contract no you want to refer and click on "Item selection".

Now, system will give you a list of 3 Sold-to-party , "X","D" and "K".

Select the Sold-to-party you require.

Again click on "Item selection" button and now system will give you the list of Ship-to-party. Select your required Ship-to-party from the list.

In the next screen, you can change the quantity/value to be released and copy.

Beside this you activate the "Check Authorised partner" field in the Sales document type (t.code VOV8). e.g "OR".

When you create a Release order with order type OR, system will check if there are any releasing partners and will give this list of optional SP and optional SH.

I hope it is clear.

Edited by: pradyumna on Jul 23, 2008 7:29 AM

Edited by: pradyumna on Jul 23, 2008 7:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mr. Pradyumna,

According to my understanding releasing partners can be sold to party or ship to party from customer master record.

At sales order header level also we can have many ship to parties or sold to parties with out mentioning them in customer master record.

Right?

Regards

Sudha

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to mention in the Customer master record, otherwise it will not come.

I had discussed regarding the partner relationship.

Partner relationship is maintained in two places.

Customer master &

(ii) in all Sales documents at header level & item level

In customer master, multiple partners can be maintained for one Partner function. For example for SP partner function, multiple partners can be assigned.

But, in Sales document only one partner can be maintained for one Partner function. Only exception is Outline Agreement,like contract where you can have multiple partner for one prtner function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradyumna,

Thank you for answer. I read in SAP help that if multiple partners are not maintained in customer record and maintained in sales document header only, system will check that and consider partners from sales document only.

I understood that we need not maintain at customer level.

Please correct me if I go wrong.

Thank you and with regards

Sudha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha

I want to make my explanation more clear to you again.

We maintain Partner relationship in two places.

1. Customer master

2. Sales documents

Dfifference between these two is that, in Customer master, for one Partner function ,multiple partners can be assigned. I mean to do the function of SH, you have multiple Partner in the Customer master.

But, in Sales document, it is not possible. You can have only one Partner for one Partner function at a time.

Outline Agreement is the only exception in SAP, though it is also an Sales doc,still you can have multiple partners for one Partner function.

Contract is a Sales document type (order type like, WK1,WK2, QC ) and it is one type of Outline Agreement.

So, in Contract , you can have multiple Partners for one Partner function.

That is why we are able to assign more than one SP and SH as releasing partner in Contract,which is an exception and not possible in other Sales doc except Outline Agreement.

So, when you create a Contract ( t.code VA41), put your Sold-to-party.

From the Menu bar > Goto > Header > Partner.

Here you can enter the "Optional SP for contract release" and "Optional SH for contract release", in the Sales document.

Next time when you Release from this Contract, with the Release order (OR), system will check the Contract and give a list ( pop-up ) of the Authorised Partners for contract release.

System to check these Releasing Partners, you have to activate (rule 'A' i.e.Customer list ) the "Check partner authorised " field in the Sales document type ,aswell as in the copy control table ( t.code VTAA ) at header level you have to put " copying requirement 002 "i.e 'Header different customer'.

I hope, it is fully clear now.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is when we have different sold to parties or ship to parties in customer record, form which we can select why there should be a releasing partner?

Is the partner function called a releasing partner in contracts?

Regards

Sudha