cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete System component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

as I want to delete a system component that is currently uninstalled I got the following error message:

Delete a system component despite use

You want to delete the system component CAD (Type Java).

It is still used, so you cannot delete it. You must first delete all

uses before you can delete the system component.

The where-used list tells you which systems use the system component.

Note:

the server, database and the system itself could be deleted. So there is only the system component left to be deleted - but this component seem to be mixed up with another system CBI.

The system components Where-Used-List shows that it is used in another system (definitly wrong) called CBI, but I don`t know how to what caused this mismatching?

The system CBI is still used and has its own db etc.

How to delete this system component or how to end the mix-up with system CBI?

kind regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Go to SMSY

2. Select your CBI System, Under landscape component select tab Select of Main instances.

3. Against Relevant column see which one is selected, against that particular row - Click on the last column (Extended assignment of System Components)

4. You will find your CAD system definitely there, delete from there and then try to delete your system component (JAVA)

This will solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

this is the point:

under the system CBI there are no entries for system CAD.

The components of the Where-Used-List of CAD point to EP-Plugin and Bussiness Intelligence.

Under System CBI there is no entry for CAD in BI, the entry EP-Plugin is not available in system CBI.

Any ideas?

kind regards

Tom

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check Extended assignment of System Components definitely it should be there, if you click on where used list, it will take you there. Then how can you say, it doesn't exists??

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

strange behaviour:

No Component EP-Plugin listed.

the component BI is listed but connected to system component CBI - but if I choose the logical component (try to change) - the system CAD was marked - I choosed system CBI and saved.

No changes in Extended assignment of System Components (as expected, cause the System CBI was choosen) BUT the Wher-Used-List shows no usage for CAD.

Thanks for your help!

Answers (0)