cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Hardware to AII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to implement a RFID scenario with ERP system as backend.

Now I am at the point to connect my hardware to the AII.

Since we have no device management software, there is a little problem.

Is there any kind of test tool to simulate a connection from the hardware (=reader) to auto id infrastructure?

How can I avoid the device management, just for testing purpose.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenny_scott
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Willy,

try creating a thread in the Emerging Technologies -> RFID forum.

Regards

Kenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx till here.

I want to simulate a connect to a reader.

I have neither a reader nor a device management software. What can I do to pretend that there is a reader?

What do I have to configure?

I am sure that you are right that the test tool may help here, but I do not really know what to do with it, think there is no possibility for inbound messages or sth. like that, is it?

michael_habermueller
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Willy,

with the Auto ID Test Tool you simulate that an RFID Reader sends a so called observation message to AII.

Readers and/or device controllers sending observation messages is the way communication works between Readers and AII.

AII is and have not be aware that there is a reader listening for rfid tags. The only thing you do is to maintain the reader as a device group, which is assigned to a device controller in the master data of aii.

The communication between the AII and a reader / device controller is performed by so called command messages.

With these messages the reader is e.g forced to write an epc code on a tag or trigger a traffic light to switch to red.

To simulate and analyse sending command messages you can use the ain_echo_test service. (see transaction sicf)

1. To track the messages, which are sent to this device you switch on recording for the service in tx sicf.

2. You define a rfc destination of type htttp to abap system to this service.

3. you relate this rfc destination to the device controller of the device group, which should receive the command.

4. You force the system to send a command message to the reader. Eg. rule tagcom_aa.

Make sure that you have specified this device as printer for an other device. E.g for a device which performs tag comm pre.

Then you can perform a tagcomm with auto id cockpit.

Result: You do see the xml of the command message in the recording of the service.

1. To simulate the reading of one tag. You do use the test tool.

Enter a device controller and a device group which is sending the observation.

2. Specifiy the command which should be sent to AII.

3. make sure that for the location of the device group and the command you sent a condition is defined in customizing.

This condition contain the rule to be performed. e.g for loading.

In preview you can see the xml which is sent to AII.

You can sent the message to AII over destination "AII" with the send button.

In addition, you can switch on recording of the service AIN if you want to see the XML which is sent. This is extremly helpful, when you analyze the message of "physical existing devices".

define a device group which is connected to a device controller which is connected to an rfc destination

Use transaction slg1 to analyze what has happend in AII.

I hope that helps

Best regards

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No more answers?

Can a mod try to move the topic?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You can use autoid test tool kit to simulate your scenarios.

You can simulate most of the processes manually using this autoid test tool kit.

This is available in easy access menu.

warm regards,

Amit

ajit_padhy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Mobile screens can also be used to test the process ...