cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

What is mean by "Equipment" ?with any Real Example..

What r the fields to configure...

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Luckky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need some more clarity on ur question. generally equipment no will be used in Customer Service. suppose a customer Buys a car.after bought the car he has come for service. so we have to get the customer details by entering the equipement no.

Regards,

Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear venkat,

Yes,Equipment Number......

what is the importance of this field...

When i am going to enter service notification...i dont have any option to enter material and Serial number Etc...

HOw can it determinted?If you need more clarity Plzz Revert me back.

THanks in Advance

Regards

Luckky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Equipment can be created with transaction IQ01 also, this will the serialised Equipment. When you create a notification of M1 type, system will not ask for material and serial number, it will get these from the equipment.

Prase

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

'Equipment' will refer to an Product having a unique number range. For Eg: Engine of a Vehicle will have a unique number, which has a warranty.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lucky,

Configuation/Cretion of an Equipment is done in the PM module.

Equipment forms the master data part of the PM module.

It can defined as: Individual, physical object that is to be maintained as an autonomous unit. Equipment can be installed and dismantled at functional locations.

Equipment Master Data can be classified under diff sub-headings as: 1) General Data 2) Location Data 3) PM Data 4) Serial Data 5) Configuration.

I hope this helps.

Rgds,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Equipment is an individual, physical object that is to be maintained independently. It can be installed in a technical system or part of a technical system.

Eg: Production utilities (machines...etc) , transportation utilities, test machines...etc.

The transaction code for creating an equipment is IE01. You need to maintin the equipment type (mandatory), model, manufacturer, serial number, planning plant, functional location, superior equipment, partners...etc... can be maintined in equipment master.

Prase