cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebServices - HTTP Destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDN members,

I am currently working with Web Dynpro which has a model based on a WebService.

This WebService is located on the same server as the Web Dynpro project.

So the situation is like this:

Server 1 has a WebService n and has a Web Dynpro m which uses WebService n.

Server 2 has a WebService n and has a Web Dynpro m which uses WebService n.

The WebService and Web Dynpro are both from the same WebDynpro project only they are deployed on a different server. And so the server name/IPaddress and port number are different.

The problem is this. By creating the model you need to specify the WSDL. And as you know the WSDL contains a servername/IPaddress and a port number.

So the logical port (lport1_1.lp) is set to the address/port and also in the wsdl files (mappings_1_1.properties, wsdlroot_1_1_0.wsdl).

So let say I put the address/port to Server 1 then it is wrong for Server 2.

So after searching I found that I could use de HTTP Destination. So I implemented this and it looks that this is the solution.

But what I want to know is: Is the address in the logical port and wsdl files still used somewhere in the back round (on runtime level).

When yes, what will be the solution for my situation?

When no, can I delete this files?

Can someone explain a little bit further what is handled by the logical port/wsdl files and the HTTP Destination?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marinus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marinus,

According to the SAP documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e9/9a204142d6b167e10000000a155106/content.htm

The URL specified in the Destination service overrides any URL specified in the Web service configuration specified in the deployment description