cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tools - used for a successful SOA Project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you tell me the list of tools, that can be used during implementation of an SOA project.

Thanks in advance,

Ganesh (g22sep)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, I think that the term 'SOA project' is a misnomer. There is no such thing. SOA is a state of mind

You need to define what you want to do and then find the right tools for the job. For example, if your architecture states that you want to define all re-usable functionality as services (which is at the heart of SOA), then you need to find the appropriate tools to provide this service. You could code it using ABAP (then your tool would be the ABAP workbench) or you could code it in Java (then your tool could be Eclipse or NWDS). You would expose it as a web service... so your tool could be something like xmlspy to create the wsdl.

In an SAP context, some of the common tools you would need to enable SOA would be the ESR, along with the Composition Environment for service consumption, provisioning or even composite apps.

For service and process design, I use a tool for building UML diagrams and a tool for drawing BPMN -based process maps, and even Visio.

I also use a wiki and a mind-mapping tool for personal productivity.

But all of these could be used on any project, they don't have anything to do with SOA.

Cheers

Manish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

have a look on this Pdf ...hope it will help you

SAP Development Tools for Delivering ESA and SOA

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8e1b5bbe-0601-0010-a28b-c8d...

Pls close the thread if your querry is solved .

Regards

Abhishek Agrahari

i807822
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is a summary of what needs to be done when creating and implementing a web service.

Enterprise Service Builder (sxmb_ifr)

- Copying and creating Data Types, Message Data Types, Message Types and Interfaces.

- Activating and Releasing the Change List.

Back End system and generating the Proxies (sproxy)

- Generate all new proxies created in the XI system.

- Check the newly created interfaceu2019s method: execute_synchronous (or async) must be available.

- Exploring the Proxyu2019s Interface Class method execute_synchronous

Creating Classes and Methods (se80, se24).

... find an existing sample ...

Then Sproxy and test service.

Good luck. Nick.

Edited by: Nick Archontis on Aug 20, 2008 5:29 PM