cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stfr sloc to sloc

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am transfering the stock from 1sloc to anothe sloc bith are warehouse maged and assigned to differnt warehose

sloc 1 -

warehouse 100

sloc 2-------warehouse 101

i am doing stock transfer in IM using movement type 311 and system is genrating a material document

i know that the refre. movement type assigned to the IM 311 are 311 & 312 (WM movement type)

now in the details of the 311 (wm movement type) the destination storage area is 921 (interim) and in 312 source storaget type is 921 (interim)

i know that two activitys are taking place 1 pick 2nd putaway

my question is 921 (in 311) will belong to the warehouse 100 for sloc1 and so in 1st transfer oreder system is keeping the goods in 921 whihc is in WM 100

now if sytem wants to pick the goods for 2nd transfer order then for that dont we need to first transfer the goods from 921( -wm 100 ) to 921of warehouse 101 and then from there system will put the goods in the destination bin ????

if my question is not clear then let me know to rephrase it

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul Tyagi,

Please understand how this works:

(So, as I ndertood you have two SLocs and they are assigned to two different WHs.)

WH1-SLoc1

When IM movement take splace a negative quant will be created in 921 (since WM stock has to reduce and be in harmony with IM stock level). Executing the WM movement (picking) a positive quant will get to 921 and -quant + +quant will result in 0 (in 921).

WH2-SLoc2

When IM movement take splace a positive quant will appear in interim storage type 921 - in this way WM stock and IM stock will be in harmony with each other.

You can put the stock (+quant) from 921 to a bin in your WH.

There's no goods movement between WH1 and WH2. Forget this.

WH1 and WH2 are not connected. WH2 gets the stock when IM transaction is executed and the goods get to SLoc2.

Try to do 2-step SLoc-SLoc transfer and trace it (in IM & WM as well, step-by-step). The process will be clearer I guess.

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply it has clearified the picture but still i need bit more clearity

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There's no goods movement between WH and WH within WM modul.

Let's speak about two step stock transfer (313 & 315, materialA, 100 pcs):

MB1B+313::

SLoc1: IM-stock will be reduced by 100 pcs of materialA

WH1: WM-stock level will be reduced by 100 pcs by materialA. This is realized by a quant that appears in 921 (IM-WM interface). Via picking your goods will get from normal bin to 921 - this doesn't modify your WM stock level. Your WM stock level has been modified when the -100pcs appears in 921 as a consequence of IM booking.

MB1B+315:

SLoc2: IM-stock will be increased by 100 pcs of material A.

WH2: WM-stock will be increased by 100 pcs of materialA. This is realized by a quant of 100 pcs that appears in 921. You will move this quant from 921 to 'normal' bin(s9. This will be purely WM movment, and won't modify your WM-stock level.

Please understand that WH1 is the 'mirror' of SLoc1, and WH2 is the 'mirror' of SLoc2 (a very detailed 'mirror' compared to SLoc...). First, the original stock level changes and the mirror shows that (the situation is not always this but please accept this to understand the process).

There's no direct material flow between WH&WH. Your WH-stock level will change only if IM movements change the stock level of the SLoc to which your WH is assigned.

If you post GI (IM) > SLoc stock level will be reduced > in interim storage type of WH -quant will appear and via this your WH stock is reduced.

If you post GR (IM) > SLoc stock increases > in interim storage type of WH a +quant appears and by this your WM-stock level increases.

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok fine what you are saying is correct but just clear this doubt of mine

there are 2 WM

WM1 & WM2

and both are having there own interim storage area that is 921-WM1 & 921-WM2

now the thing is once you do the movement type 313 system will post the -ive quant into the 921 of WM1

and when we do the 315 system will pick the quant from 921- WM2 (which i think should happen) for putaway

as per your saying there is no goods movement b/w the 2 warehouse but again the question still there

as 921 is under warehouse WM1 then how come the warehouse WM2 can pick the goods from there and if it picks form there then there must be some link b/w them as nothing happens automatically ???????

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raul,

Please understand these things:

1. IM-mvt 315 places (creates) the quant to 921.

2. Both WM1 and WM2 has their 921. If you check this under SPRO > LE > WM > Master Data > Define Storage Type, you will see that there's a WM1-921 and WM2-921. IM-mvt 313 removes the stock from SLoc1. It removes the stock fromWM1 by creating a negative quant in WM1-921.

IM-mvt 315 increases the stock of SLoc2. IM-mvt 315 increaes the stock of WM2 as well creating a +quant in WM2-921.

3. Thewre's no link between WM1-921 and WM2-921. Try to create a TO by LT01 / LT10 and move a +quant from WM1-921 to WM2-921. You will see it is not possible. WM1 and WM2 are two separate systems.

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

i really appreciate the efforts you are taking to resolve my query

ok what i have understood is that there are 2 process taking place

1> issue the material from stock

2> reciving the material into the stock

so at the time of 313 system post the goods to the interim storage type 902 and at 315 system post the goods from the 902 to destination bin may be shelf or high rack

althouh i stil need to work alot to get under the skin of the WM

if you can please guide me for learning this WM

tell me the areas i should work out on so as to get the expertise in WM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

so at the time of 313 system post the goods to the interim storage type 902 and at 315 system post the goods from the 902 to destination bin may be shelf or high rack

I'm afraid you are grasping the wrong end of the stick in this issue.

Please understand that warehouse management is not in IM. What in IM happens is one thing, what in WM happens it is quite another. Of course, there is link between them, these systems have effect on each other.

1. When IM movement 313 takes place, no movement takes place in WM. What in WM happens is that a quant of negative quantity appears in interim storage type 921 without WM movements.

2. When IM movement type 315 takes place no movement takes place in WM. What happens in WM is that a quant of positive quantity appears in interim storage type 921 w/o WM-movements.

921 in case 1) and in cas 2) is not the same at all!!! 921 in case 1) belongs to WH1, 921 in case 2) belongs to WH2.

I think first you should understand that WM and IM are separate systems, they have connection trough interfaces.

Please read carefully what I have written you till now and go trough this processes using reports MB52, MB51 in IM, and LX02, LT22 in WM. This should be done by you, to do these step-by-step and check always the goods movements and stock levels.

You already understand MM, so I think you can understand WM very easily.

Please write 'SAP Posting Change' in Google and check the first link. (www.sapwm.com)

BR

Csaba

Answers (0)