Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in creating Purchase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

A pleasant day to all of you!

I would like to ask help because when I try to save Purchase Order, error messages "There is an error in the specifications for area 04 in co. code XXXX".

We really need to resolve this issue as soon as possible as it blocking activities on three company codes.

It would be a great for me if you could help undertand the cause of the error.

Points will be rewarded. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Jhay-R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jhay

For the error message number, this is the explanation taken from help menu which I thought would be helpful to you

You specified for depreciation area that asset values are to be automatically posted online, and that this area is to take over book values from another area. This specification is not correct. An area that allows for online automatic posting cannot take over values from another area.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your response.

Could your please tell if there something I have missed out in the customizing of asset master data?

Regards,

Jhay-R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jhay-R,

Please let us know the error number by clicking on the error you are getting, for further help..

Rgds,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

Thanks for your help.

Please find the below detailed error:

"There is an error in the specifications for area 04 in co. code RO10"

Message no. AC391

Diagnosis

You specified for depreciation area 04 that asset values are to be automatically posted online, and that this area is to take over book values from another area. This specification is not correct. An area that allows for online automatic posting cannot take over values from another area.

Procedure

Correct the specifications for area 04.

I have searched an OSS message for this and found note 14990 but unfortunately SAP advised me that the said note is related to our release.

Best Regards,

Jhay-R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jhay-R,

I'm sorry... but, plz post ur qstn in this forum:

The above stated forum is the right place for this...

Rgds,

Raghu.