cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Insert the entire PDF File as one of the Field in SQL table ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anybody help me in designing the following scenario.

I have a requirement where in around 1500 PDF files with a file size of 40-50KB are stored in one of the server. we have to pickup these files one by one or all ( I dont know how) read the file name which contains some logic e.g employee number. read this number & insert into SQL table which is already having emplyee no. as a key.Insert this entire PDF file in one of the field of this table against that emplyee no.

Can anybody tell me how to configure this scenario step by step. ?

Secondly the normal FILE FTP adapter will do or do we have to use any special Adapter which can understand PDF format Like INformatica etc.

pl. help me.

Regards,

Umesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Thanx for your reply, But can anybody tell me step by step how to do this. or atleast the first step how to get the Filename which contains the Emplyee number in my case. is there any variable in connector which will get me the filename. ?

Regarding the converting entire PDF file as one field in SQL

do i have to use itemfield ?

pl. exlain me in detailed.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos
prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the normal FILE FTP adapter will do or do we have to use any special Adapter

File adapter with a bit of modification will do. See this

Once ur pdf is converted to xml, u can use the java or xsl mapping to map the comlpete xml structure into one field

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to write Adapter Module for this one.

Adapter and Module Development

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8b/895e407aa4c44ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Thanks.

Boopathi