SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Pls explain me about Back billing and also i require documents on back Billing!

I have one scenario! If a consumer exceeds his contract demnd then he has to billed with new rate and also the past billed amount has also to be billed with new rate. How can this be done?

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

Back Billing means - Generating a Billing document for a past billing period today and invoicing the customer as of today.

I do not have any documents on back billing to share with you.

Okay.. regarding your issue.

Every installation contains a Rate category .

Every rate category is attached with billing schema which contains a plan for calculating rates( simply rate steps)

Speaking technically 'rate steps' are sequence of variants(abap programs) that mentions the caluclation of rates.

Actually they are a kind of user-exits.. when billing engine runs these rate steps are executed for that installation including the operands.

Based upon the contract demand for that installation, for example , the demand is 1000 m3, but it has exceeded and reached 1500 m3 in the current billing period. so there you can have a check and apply your new rate accordingly.

I am unaware how to write the variant programs.

But u can have a look in the following transaction EA37 ( try with Z* or Y* ).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vinay Reddy