cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVS text value display problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When I am tring to display EVS text value in attached input field I am getting following error.

I am dynamically fetching the evs values from model and in the calculated field I am fetching the text value of selected key . but it is not working ....

error is :

java.lang.StackOverflowError: JVMXE018: Insufficient Java stack size .

Any idea.

Regards

Kousik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Value Node Name :Buffer

calculated Attribute name: MyAttibute

Former Member
0 Kudos

This explains why you get a recursion. You (implicitly) call the getter of the calculated attribute inside the method itself.

Armin

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue is solved but this link realy did not help me. I went through this link before. But Armin given me the proper solution of my recurssion problem.

Regards

Kousik

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kousik,

Did the link help you & is this issue solved ?

<b>- Chintan.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

That solution I aready implemented before but user needs the description in the input field.

Regards

Kousik

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kousik,

As stated earlier by me please visit the third link. In case you are having problems giving you the direct link as below:-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/webdynpro/ye... another evs valuehelp - showing display texts for keys.article

The article contains the exact thing you want to implement. So check the "Showing Display Texts Inside an EVS Input Field (EVS++)" section in above link.

<b>- Chintan</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if I attach the InputField with the new TEXT calulated attribute then how EVS will be available with my input field?

Regards

Kousik

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's another question. You talked about displaying the text in an input field.

What you could do: place a TextView after the input field that always displays the text corresponding to the current key.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know how to solve the issue...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Set the attribute storing the key to "not calculated", add a new calculated attributed "Text" and put the code in the getter for the "Text" attribute.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

String attributeName = IMYView.IViewBufferElement.MyAttibute;

IWDAttributeInfo attributeInfo = element.node().getNodeInfo().getAttribute(attributeName);

ISimpleType simpleType = attributeInfo.getSimpleType();

ISimpleValueSet valueset = simpleType.getSVServices().getValues();

Object key = element.getAttributeValue(attributeName);

try {

simpleType.checkValid(key);

return valueset.getText(key);

} catch (DdCheckException e) {

return "";

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the name of the calculated attribute?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

The stpes which I am following is ....

1. I have a value node which I am popuating dynamically at runtime with the key,value pare getting from model.

2. now at the calculated getter method I am writting code for getting the text of the key.

Regards

Kousik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post the complete code for the calculated field?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I wrote the same code .

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kousik,

The third link gives the code snippet to implement the EVS.

Is the following code in place after the code statement u wrote?:-

try {

simpleType.checkValid(key);

return valueset.getText(key);

} catch (DdCheckException e) {

return "";

- Chintan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no problem in EVS . The error is coming at the time of displaying text from key and to be more specific the error is coming in the following line at calculated get method when I am tring to retreive the text of the key

Object key = element.getAttributeValue(attributeName);

Regards

Kousik

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kousik,

I did not get ur problem but try this tutorial and check if the same u are trying to implement:-

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/26/34884778b7ef468ea6b3995e6784e3/frameset.htm">Including an Extended Value Selector</a>

Alternatively you can go thru the following url's:-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/webdynpro/tu...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/webdynpro/tu...