cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy APO Macro ACROSS Landscape..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a typical scenario, where in I need to write a Macro in APO-DP which is similar to thae one I did in one of the previous APO-DP projects.The Names of the key figures etc are same.. The need for modification would be very little. Subject to my previous customer's clearance, is it possible to port it from the previous landscape to the development server of the New Landscape at New Customer's site? In both places the version is SCM 5.0.

ps: The text version doesn't have the Headers / Symbols and the HTML version of the Maco , which I am able to save, could not be pasted as active version in the workbench of different landscape.

Pl let me know , whether there is any mechanism... Rgds.. TRR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think it is easy thing to do. Everytime you create a macro, an ABAP code gets generated behind the scenes where planningbooks, dataviews, layout IDs, activity IDs etc are generated in cryptic format embedded deep inside the code. Even if you do try to copy the ABAP code into a different system, the IDs will not be in a recognizable format. Thus essentially macros are not portable. One can though migrate Macros from development to Quality to Production as an example, but not across different landscapes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srini for your response... It sounds quite logical.

The situation between these two landscapes I referred has most of the parameters same (key figures, Storage Bucket Profiles, Time Bucket Profiles, Fiscal Year variant etc... Whatever the contents / parameters falling within this macro are exactly same)...

All that I am looking for is a way as easy as we import template macros into Macro workbench and activate. I am even OK with a solution wherein, the whole macro is pasted on the workbench and activated line by line, facilitating validation by background programs and plausible correction. Now I have to type line by line calling respective elements, which is consuming lots of time....

Rgds

TRR

Former Member
0 Kudos

ask you basis guys to set a transport link from system1 to system 2

create a new planning area and under it copy a planning book with the macros

create a transport object for the planning book with the planning area and move it into system 2

once the transport reaches, just "import" the macros from the new planning book to the book you want to

close the link between system1 and 2

I assume your old customer knows you are porting his macros and hence the basis guys will open the connection

Edited by: Harish AN on Jul 25, 2008 1:13 PM

Answers (0)