cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID transports via CMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have CMS transport question related to ID on XI. The CMS transport environmnet is setup as follows.

DEV -

QA -

PROD

We are using XI 7.0, SP11 and CMS is on SP11

We configured a scenario on Dev environment and transported configuration scenario with all objects. Our basis team released the transport and now it is available on QA environment. When we checked QA enviroment we got transported scenario with all objects. We transfered all objects and tested successfully.

Now we want to release transport to PROD. Our admin assembled package and resleased to PROD environment. When he was assembling package used "Same Support Package number as the last Support Package number" option. This option is supposed to assemble only changed items since last assembly. We do not have option to disable "Assemble all components"(per user guide).

Interstingly When I look in ID, found all objects that have ever been transported including objects released about 6 months back. I do not want to assemble and release transports that were already released 6 months back.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a know problem. The transports always happen at software component level with CMS (changed or unchanged). Whatever is in QA, it will go to PRD. Refer to the work arounds etc mentioned in the below doc -

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/soa/soa-management...

VJ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Yup VJ is right :).

Please do follow carefully to delete all the objects which has moved to PRD which are not activated, so be careful over there. Or else activate all the required objects and try to delete the rest ones.

Thanks

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudharshan,

Thank you for the response. After I read VJ response I am not sure if it really addresses our problem.

As you know in the current issue every ID object from QA moved to PRD via CMS transport, I tried to activate only those configuration scenarios and all objects related to scenarios we are interested.

I got following error .

"Unable to move object. Change lists were not part of same import."

I made sure in all communication channels, all required fields have values filled in and saved before activating. I searched SDN for the error message and found couple of responses. They also suggested to fill in all required values in the communication channels.

Any suggestions or comments? I appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Balaji