cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pick files from multiple directories via Sender File Adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a scenario File to IDOC. The Sender File Adapter has to take all files: .xml from Source directory E://Current/.

Actually directories are like

E:/Plant1/Current/

E:/Plant1/History/

E:/Plant2/Current/

E:/Plant2/History/.

Can I have one Sender File Adapter to pick all *.xml files

from

E:/Plant1/Current/ and

E:/Plant2/Current/ and how can I write it in Source Directory of Communication Channel?

Or do I have to have a Sender File Adapter for each Plant?

Any suggestion please?

Kind regards,

Danijela Zivanovic

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

You might wanna have a look at "Additional selection for source file" parameter in sender file adapter.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/singleSenderFileCC4MultipleDirectories

Even though this method works but there are some constraints,please check help.sap.com for constraints.

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can achieve this using ADVANCED SELECTION FOR SOURCE FILE in file adapter..........check that check box and you can find the directories and files ...........but the SP should be 14 or above...........

Thanks,

Madhu

Edited by: Madhu sudhan Reddy on Jul 20, 2008 6:29 AM

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This cannot be achieved by the standard file adapter. You will have to configure as many number of file adapters as the number of directories.

An alternative would be to have a script that will put all the files to a particular directory and u can use the adapter to poll that particular directory, but i would not suggest doing so.