cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6 and Sol Man on same host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

1. I want to install SolMan on Solaris 10. Please guide me from start..

2. I want to install SolMan and ECC6 on the same host. What is the procedure I need to follow( I mean from creating the LV ..)

Please guide.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done the installation on HA.

need to install all the instance on the same host if required, only changing the virutal ip and hostname. You need to edit the /etc/hosts file entry to manually add the ip hostname ( virtual) and use with ./sapinst SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME= ( you defined).

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. I want to install SolMan on Solaris 10. Please guide me from start..

Use the official installation guides, they contain everything you need

http://service.sap.com/instguides

2. I want to install SolMan and ECC6 on the same host. What is the procedure I need to follow( I mean from creating the LV ..)

This is also covered in the guides.

Are you going to use VxFS? If you´re on Solaris 10 try ZFS - MUCH easier to configure and handle!

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I am yet to get the information regarding the FS on solaris. Will let u know once I get it.

Also regarding the 2 instances on the same server, I am still finding it difficult to install on Solaris 10. Can you please guide me?

Regards

Prashant

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are various possibilities in doing so:

- two ORACLE_HOMEs - one for each instance

- MCOD (I personally would NOT do that)

- zones/containers or LDoms

If I had the choice and the machine is sized appropriately for both instances I would go for the last one. It will give you the possibility of installing the two instance virtually isolated - they won't impact each other and are treated are separate hosts.

I personally would prefer that approach instead of just installing two instances on the bare metal.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your feedback.

I would like to know that for sun cluster( for HA), we are planning to install CI ( ECC6) in one host and creating virtual host on both the system and then on other system we install the DB instance. Also on the first we will be installing the CI for (EP7) and DB of EP on some other system( not in the cluster). The conf. is like below shown

Clus 1 Clus 2 SER1

ecc(CI) ecc(DB) ep(DB)

ep(CI)

What do you prefer Markus. Anything else we can proceed?

Regards

Prash