cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HU Managed storage location

0 Kudos

HI

can some one clear doubts in HU

What is the difference between HU managed storage location and non HU managed SL, what are the specific uses of hu manged storage location

and what is partner storage location ? why we need this

thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

HU managed storage location is used to store only Handling units,

Partner storage location is is used when delete the HU non hu material come into partner storage location,

Regards,

Narasaiah.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you tell me what are positive/negative effect of assigning a no-WM partner storage location to a WM managed warehouse?

If I decrease the quantity of an HU which is in the WM storage location using HU02 and then decide to re-pack the stock that is in the partner storage location... how can I do?

Bye

MR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Handling unit managed storage location:

- only packed material can be stored there; all stock must be packed

- u2018HU requirementu2019 indicator has to be set for the storage location in customizing

- a (non handling unit managed) partner storage location has to be assigned from the same plant.

When Hus are unpacked, not-packed stocks are posted to the partner storage location.

Handling Unit Management enables to control inventory management using packed stocks at storage location level.

The guarantee that the total of all HU stocks is the same as the stock in the storage location, is only valid for handling unit managed storage locations.

If you have HUs on storage locations that are not HU managed, you never know if the stock in the HU physically exists and if the stock information is still valid. There is no guarantee that the data is correct.

You can easy test this: just go to transaction hu02 -> create an HU at a not handling unit managed storage location whit a quantity that is more than the stock of that storage location... the system will let you save this... you will only get problems afterwards when you want to use this HU

Then test the same with a handling unit managed storage location...

Regards,

Ely

Former Member
0 Kudos