cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Monitor WF - No Approver Found , Missing approver in chain,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I want to monitar WF by using table / Transaction not by web for following condition. Can some one please advice me how to do that -

Conditions -

1- First approver approved the SC, but no approver found at second approver level and WF is sitting like Awaiting Approval for long. I want to monitor such kind of situation and take action quickly.

2- WF Has been triggered but due to Org structure change or by some other reason it says in approval chain "No Approvar available" and WF is sitting like Awaiting Approval for long. I want to monitor such kind of situation and take action quickly.

Please advice how to quickly point such kind of WF Error by using any Transaction or Table.

Thank you very much

Awanendra Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.First approver approved the SC, but no approver found at second approver level and WF is sitting like Awaiting Approval for long. I want to monitor such kind of situation and take action quickly.

2- WF Has been triggered but due to Org structure change or by some other reason it says in approval chain "No Approvar available" and WF is sitting like Awaiting Approval for long. I want to monitor such kind of situation and take action quickly.

Both of your questions seems like same kind of error with the workflow status is awaiting approval though the approver has approved or rejected. Unless the item overview status is not updated the WF will not be complete and follow on documents will not be created.

If you have configured all the WF relevant config and your WF is working fine and this happens then it is a monitoring issue.

Check for this OSS note 720097 which explains about the WF status being awaiting approval if the approver has rejected.

The best way to monitor is to see the basic configurations of WF by using SWU3 transaction, where you should have all the green tickmarks starting from the configure RFC destination to all the other lines.

Check for the user WF-BATCH or whoever is assigned and then verify whether his pwd is valid or expired.

This particular updation from "awaiting approval to approved" status is updated using the "Jobs for event queue".

Click on it and display the scheduled job and findout whether the job is running or being cancelled due to some reason.

If so rerun the job and create a new shopping cart or change the shopping cart to trigger the WF again.

Best regards,

Sridhar.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Below transactions and table should help you for WF analysis:

Transactions:

SWI2_FREQ

Double-click on a work item to see the log. Menu path: Goto u2192 List with technical details; view the Container, the Agents, the Status or eventual Error messages.

SWUD

Maintain Workflow u2192 Test Environment u2192 Simulate Event, check eventual error messages.

SWI2 Work item analysis

SWI8 Error overview

Tables:

SWWLOGHIST- History of a work item

SWWORGTASK- Assignment of WIs to Org.Units and Tasks

SWWUSERWI - Current Work Items Assigned to a User

Regards,

Prashant

Do reward points for helpful answers