cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netwearver WAS version 640 of the content server for PLM DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have SAP R/3 4.7 version & have implemented PLM-DMS with content server on WAS620.We are contemplating to use distributed content server for our requirement. Has anyone used multiple content servers? if so, could you please share your experiences.

Also, if anyone has anyone upgraded the content server to version 640, i would like you to share your experiences with me.

Thanks,

Viji

vvijay1@moen.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sap R/3 4.6C - CS630 (patch-lvl15)

We do not use SapDB or MaxDB to store the document on the content server, we store the documents directly in the file system.

Our Content servers run on win2003 servers.

In my company we've currently got 15 different content servers in 10 countries.

We've got one content server and one cache server at each location for one SAP system. One physical server has 2 content servers and 1 cache server. One for our SAP production system and one for our SAP Quality test system. They use the same cache server (first we created 2 cache servers, but it was not possible for SAP to destuingish between the two, so both cache servers got used by both SAP systems)

We have also implemented a couple of add-ons:

1. Conversion and viewserver (by Seal AG). conversion server converts office documents to pdf when documents are released. Currently use only 2 conversion servers, planning to increase when the volume gets larger.

Viewserver adds stamps on pdf-files when you view or print a document.

2. Document Distribution Manager (by CENIT AG). Makes it easy to schedule prefill of cache. Also possible to move documents from one storage category to another. And Rules for transfering documents from one site to another can be made (Ex. "not allowed to move files larger than 20 MB between <certain> sites")

Perhaps I could be of assistance?

BUT, anyway, the reason I post this is because I have problems upgrading my CS630 (lvl15) to CS640 (lvl6).

Asked SAP via an OSS, and they said it was like a regular patching (stop webservice, copy *.dll files, and restart webservice). But when I try this, I can't get contact with the content server via CSADMIN in SAP. I get "HTTP error: 500 Internal Server Error"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

We are currently running Content Server 6.30 with SAP DB 7.3.0.35 on Windows 2000 Server IA32.

I searched the Service Marketplace but wasnt able to find an Upgrade guide to Content Server 6.4.

Could you please let me know the stepwise procedure like Upgrade OS to MS Windows 2003, SAP DB to 7.6 and Content Server to 6.4?

Any documentation would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Mohammad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm also interested in this topic.

We are currently planning a content server with several cache servers in different locations through WAN links.

Regards,

Federico