transport Objects in same group in SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to transport my IDOC scenarios. Our landscape is as follows:

in SLD we have two groups:

1)DEV

2)PRD

and in DEV we have PIDev and PIQua Business system where as in PID we have PIProd business system.

Now i want ot transport my objects from PIDev to PIQua. But since these BS are in same group i could not assign PIQua as Transport target of PIDev(I am unable to find this BS name in the pop up.).

What should i do? Is it required that in order to transport objects both Bs should be in different Groups?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi patil

Create Business System Groups

For transport of configuration objects its required to create and maintain transport targets for all business systems. In the Group dropdown, select Edit Groups. Now here you can create a new Transport group say PRD.

Maintaining Transport Targets

Home page --> Business Landscape --> Select Business System

In target now we can choose (ex:BS1) and thus assign transport target.So now objects being moved, business system group created and target system maintained, SLD preparation is done and now itu2019s a time to start XI Transports.

reward points if helpfull

regards

kummari

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to have them in different groups. The grps are typically DEV, QAS and PRD.

Ref -

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/soa/soa-management...

VJ

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use Transpoprt method

Procedure:

1) Call Integration Builder screen on DEV Server with http://hostname:J2ee Port/rep

2) Call SLD (System Landscape Directory) Component from the Integration builder

Save all the .zip files on the Local Desktop

3) Select the Software Component & say Export that you want to Export from DEV

Server to Production server and which is going to use in the IR of XI

4) Also Select the Product of the above SWC and say Export

5) Select the Technical Systems (TS of XI & TS of the SAP R/3) and say Export

6) Select the Business System(s) & say Export; those are associated with above Exported

Technical systems.

In Production Server

1) Logon to the SLD of the Production Server.

2) Create a Technical System and Business system which points to the Production SAP R/3

3) Go to Administration TAB in the main page of SLD

4) Select the Import option to Import the SWC , PRD, TS,& BS which we Exported Earlier in DEV Server

5) Click on Browse and select the .zip files that is to Import into Production Server,

Which were stored on the local desktop at the time of DEV Server Export

And say Import Selected File Option

By this we exported and imported the SLD Objects

Now we have to create transport groups and transport targets in the Production server of SLD

Creation of Transport Groups

Edit GroupsGroup1) Select the Business systems

2) Click on New Group and give the name of the group as DEV_group & select the

Corresponding Development serveru2019s integration Server

3) Similar way create another group for Production serveru2019s business system as

PRD_group and select the Production serveru2019s integration Server

Creation of transport targets

This is to Define which business systems in two different groups correspond to each other

1) Select each Business system in the SLD and select transport TAB---click on

Add/Change Target and select its corresponding target business system.

For Example:

If you select the business system of Production XI server means

In the target you have to select group as DEVGROUP and the business system of Development XI server.

Like this do the same for other business systems also

Ex:

BS_PRD_Integration Server----

BS_DEV_Inetration Server

How to create Transport Groups & transport Targets

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Seshagiri

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it required that in order to transport objects both Bs should be in different Groups?

Yes, for utilizing the transport target mechanism, separate groups sould be created.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe its necessary to have your BS in different groups. These groups are used to logically categorize the different environments. Moreover for transport these groups act as source and target for the respective environments.