Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central instance - Clustering

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to configure HA for EP in a windows/MSSQL cluster environment:

I was able to install a central instance on the first MSCS node without any issues. While installing the central instance on the additional MSCS node I get the following error:

The Java load in database <SID>/<DATABASE Virtal Hostname> has already been configured. SOLUTION: Remove the schema and load it with a new load before you run this installation.

Is there a work around.

Thanks

S.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Steps must be:

*Install central services instance (SCS)

*configure the first MSCS node

*Install the Database Instance

*configure the additional MSCS node in the cluster

*install an enqueue replication server

*install the central instance for MSCS

*install at least one dialog instance for MSCS

you can find all detailed procedure in installation guide

regards

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for you time.

Yes, thats exactly what I am doing. I installed the central instance on the first MSCS node without any issues. While installing the central instance on the additional MSCS node is when I am getting the error.

And yes I am following the HA part of the install guide.

Thanks

S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this for a NetWeaver 4.0 or a NetWeaver 2004s/7.0 system? The cluster install will be different for each of these.

Edited by: Joe Haynes on Jul 21, 2008 8:12 AM

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. It is NW2004S SR3. On Windows 2003 and SQL 2005.

The install guide says to install DI on the first MSCS node and CI on local disks on each of the nodes.

I was able to install the CI on the first MSCS node, I get the error while doing the same on the additional MSCS node.

Thanks

S.

Edited by: Shabnam on Jul 21, 2008 4:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the CI only right? You already have the SAP database in place right? If that's the case, then we can just skip SAPINST all together.

First, preparation:

1. Make a SAP cluster group. Inside of this group, you should have these 3 resources.

- An IP.

- An network name associated to the IP, make sure DNS and Kerberos are both checked.

- A disk drive resource.

2. Copy the SAP kernel bits onto the disk drive resource in the SAP cluster group. The only thing you really need is the profile, global, sec and run / kernel directories. Any missing folders, just create it.

3. On both nodes, make sure the user environment variable for the user running the SAP NT service is the same. Especially pay attention to SAPLOCALHOST and SAPLOCALHOSTFULL, both should refer to the network name, which is also in the SAP cluster group.

4. Verify the profile has the SAPLOCALHOST and SAPLOCALHOSTFULL parameters as well, both should be set to the network name.

5. Last step, you must install the SAP NTCLUSTER bits. In the kernel downloads (available on service.sap.com), you will find a folder called NTCLUSTER in the kernel extracts. From this folder, copy these 4 files to the C:\windows\system32 of all the cluster nodes.

- SapClus.dll, Saprc.dll, Saprcex.dll, insaprct.exe

6. Log into each of the MSCS nodes and goto the c:\windows\system32 directory. Run the insaprct.exe.

7. Check to see if the SAP NT cluster type is installed properly, open cluster admin and try to create a resource. On the drop down, see if you see a SAP resource type. If you see it, you are done, cancel and close the resource create pop-up. If you don't see it, check the dll files above and make sure you are using: the right bits (x64, IA64, etc.) and for the righ kernel release (640, 700, etc.).

Now, let's install that CI:

1. Now, failover the group to node 1.

2. Run sapstartsrv.exe, whichs should be in your kernel folder. Put in the SID, System Number, start up profile, user account and password for running the NT service, and check the box for using user variable and put the same user account in there. Click create.

3. By default, the NT service will be created with start up mode "auto". Set this to "manual".

4. Faiover to node 2, repeat step 2 and 3 above. Repeat for nodes 3, 4, etc. if you have it.

5. After NT service is created on all the nodes, goto cluster admin and right click to create a resource of type SAP. Dependencies should be the drive only. In the last window, you will be asked to put in the SID, System Number, and timeout. First two is self explanatory, the timeout is set to 300 for ABAP only instances. (if you have JAVA as well, post a response, there are additional steps to these).

6. Now fail the SAP group back and forth between the nodes, you should see the SAP NT service start and the instance start. There you go, SAP CI on a MSCS, without the fuss of SAPINST.

7. For SAPOSCOL, just run:

sc
node1 create "SAPOSCOL" binpath= "drive:\pathtokernel\saposcol.exe service"

Make sure you put a space between the equal sigh and the " above, otherwise it may not work. After this, double click the SAPOSCOL NT service created, set start up type to "manual", change the login credential to use the same user as your SAP<SID>_## NT services.

8. In the cluster SAP Group, right click and create a generic service type resource. Put in the name of the NT service, which should be "SAPOSCOL", click done, and you are set.

This is a very detailed instruction. But trust me, once you do this you'll never go back to SAPINST>

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Kevin. I will try this soon.

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

All:

I have installed the CI on node 1 and Dialog Instance(DI) on node 2.

The instance numbers are different for both. Is this right. When it fails over the port number changes

from 5<CI #>00 -

> 5<DI #>00 and hence the URL changes.

Is this right or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks

S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In an MCS installation, you install the CI outside of the cluster directly on to one node and a DI instance on the second node.

Do you have the install guide? It has a detailed section on setting up MCS based systems.

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I've got a question regarding setting up a 3 node MCS SAP landscape. I've installed the CI and database instance on the 1st node. I'm being told that I need to install the CI on node 2 and 3 as well, but from the documentation from SAP that I have read, this does not appear to be correct.

SAP documentation states, as you said, that you install the CI only once and then the DI on nodes 2 and 3. My question is that if node 1 goes down, does the DI take over the CI responsibilities? Does is have the requisite services that the CI has to replace it if node 1 goes down?

Cheers,

Simon