cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACH Payments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FI Experts,

We currently using F110 for checks, we now want to use it for ACH, I already configure FBDZ, I have house bank, I already enter the bank information into the vendor master.

I used F110 to pay a test vendor via ACH, it appears that it created teh posting, but When I go to the check register to see the information fo rthe ACH it sys nothing found fo rthe payment method.

What else do I need to do to sussesfully be able o send payment via ACH to teh bank, we already have a process in place for checks, and I thought they will appear on same report.

Also does anyone know the difference between ACH (PPD) and ACH (CTX) in SAP?

Your help will be greatly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

NavyCNICNAF
Explorer
0 Kudos

Frank

Are you using FCHN as your check register? If so, the ACH payments will not appear in this report. It reads the PAYR and only checks created using check management are stored there.

Instead you will need to write a custom report or use FBL3N on your unreconciled and reconciled cash accounts (ACH disbursement account) to see ACH payments you have made. Using the BTE that shows you offsetting account information and other fields will allow you to display the vendor name, etc. on this report. I am not sure why SAP has never provided a standard report similar to the check register.

PPD is for Pre-arranaged Payments and Deposits (usually regular direct deposits like payroll and other corporation to individual payments). CTX (Corporate Trade Exchange payments) is industry standard for commerical payments (corp to corp) and provides a ANSI X.12 compliant addenda record to the bank which is passed to the vendor (includes invoice references, gross and discount amounts, etc.) that allows the vendor to apply your payments correctly. CCD (Cash Concentration or Disbursement) is similar but without the addenda (although I think CCD+ now provides and addenda).

We use CTX for all payments (including employee travel and advances) without problems. We don't use SAP payroll so employee is done by a third-party using PPD.

I hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Jason, what are the tables where the ACH pymt are stored.

And how will I be abe to see the report that will go to the bank. I think I have everything configured, I am just missig the final part to send to the bank. I already contacted the bank waiting on their details.

Any additional infromation will be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

Sorry I have another question, I changed it to ACH CTX when I go to parameters in tcode F110 it asks me for a variant which of the programs do you use?

RFFOAVIS_FPAYM or RFFOEDI1, or did youhave to re-create a new program?

What paramerts did you used for you variant?

Thank you for your help

NavyCNICNAF
Explorer
0 Kudos

Payment details for ACH payments info is stored in FPAYH and FPAYP if you are using the PMW. Otherwise check REGUH, REGUD tables for the older RFFO* payment programs.

To be clear though, are you planning on writing your own extraction program to send data to the bank? You should be using F110 which calls program SAPFPAYM (when using PMW) or RFFOUS_T (when using the older method).

A data file will be written to the TEMSE directory and can be downloaded to your PC using tcode FDTA. You can display the actual ACH file here though it doesn't wrap nicely. Better to download and display.

Standard SAP did not provide all the necessary info we need to send to the vendors so we use exits to enhance the data (addenda records).

Use report RFZALI20 (aka "Lists" in F110) and variant(s) to produce nicely formatted reports about the payments you are making. These reports can form the bases of a ACH payment register but they are limited to a specific the payment run. We use FBL3N to produce a regular payment register.

NavyCNICNAF
Explorer
0 Kudos

We only use RFFOAVIS_FPAYM because we rely on the bank to send the CTX addenda record to our vendors. If you plan on sending a separate EDI remittance advice file to your vendors then you may have to use RFFOEDI1 as well.

RFFOAVIS_FPAYM will produce remittance advices that can be printed, emailed or faxed to your vendors. You need to do some coding using BTEs to get the remittance advices to email or fax automatically. We also had to force SAP to send the "paper" advice as well even though we are sending an electronic addenda record. This is our preference and we did this in a BTE so no modification necessary. By default SAP wants to suppress the "paper" remittance when an addenda record is sent.

The parameters to complete (in our scenario) are:

Paying Company Code

Sending Company code (only if you want to print the advices to separate printers)

Payment Method

House Bank

Account ID

Currency

Printer

Correspondence Sort Variant (we created our own)

Line Items Sort Variant (we use E2)

Print Immediately

You do not need to fill all of these... you need to determine this based on your requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

program you use is teh same I will be using. Thank you so much, now what exctaly is BTE? is this somethign I need to do with teh ABAP guy?

NavyCNICNAF
Explorer
0 Kudos

BTE is Business Transaction Event and accessed through FIBF. You need to look at Process events 00002040, 00002050, 00002060 and 00002070 to manipulate the remittance advices so that they email and fax automatically.

Yes, ABAP programming is involved.

To adjust the actual ACH data file you need to create customer function modules that you reference in the PMW configuration by copying function modules:

FI_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_00

FI_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_05

FI_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_06

FI_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_11

FI_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_20

FI_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_21

FI_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_25

FI_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_30

FI_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_31

FI_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_40

FI_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_41

FI_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_DETAILS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

Thank You for your help, I configured ACH CTX in FBZP, everything seems to be fine, I change vendor master data to payment method T. ABAB person revised the RFFOUS_T program. However when I go view a proposal and look at the payments it tells me Payment Method not found. I tried testing using ACH PPD which is payment method P, and it works finem as well as with checks. Is there anything I am missing for the CTX.

Thank You for your help,

NavyCNICNAF
Explorer
0 Kudos

Frank

It is difficult to say without seeing all of the configuration. Be sure that you have CTX in the vendor master bank details screen under the field Reference Details (LFBK-BKREF).

Also, I assume you don't have any Free Selections specified on your payment run (F110 tab) that might prevent T from being selected. This would mean that payments would not show up in the proposal as opposed to just not showing up in the ACH file or remittance advice as this would be controlled by RFFOUS_T.

I should ask whether you decided to use RFFOUS_T and not the Payment Method Workbench.

If the invoices do show up in the proposal but just not in the ACH file AND if you are using RFFOUS_T then be sure to check your variant:

Paying Cocode nnnn

Payment Method T

Standard entry class CTX (be careful here if you also plan on using PPD or CCD)

House Bank nnnnn

Account nnnnn

Currency Key USD

Flag Data Medium Exchange and specify printer

Flag Print Payment Advices and specify printer

Output Medium 0

File Identifier A

Company Description (whatever your Treasury or Disbursements dept wants)

No. of items 9999

No. of CTX additional records 9999

Flag Additional records for ACH

If the invoices are not showing up in the proposal then that is an issue with many possible causes: net due dates, payment method specified in line item, other selection criteria or free selections, wrong payment method in vendor master record, etc.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You for your reply, yes I am using RFFOUS_T and created a variant for it, I also made the changes you mentioned. I do get the itmes to be pay, I get no erros throughtout the whole process, but when I go to view the payment proposal and click in the items that are display under the Type column has a RED DOT. When I click in th eline item to display it another box comes up and under the notes it says "No Valid Payment Method Found".

Outgoing payment undeer payment volumes says Zero. Payment method under master data is defined as "T". And terms is to be pay immediately.

Line items show T in FBL1N, I tried running payment by changing the payment proposal to "C" which is what we are using and I instead of a red dot I had a green dot under payment proposal, which it tells me everythign is fine.

Hope it makes sense, or i can send you my contact details so we can chat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to make sure that a House Bank is assigned to the payment method.

Also can you confirm the error message number from the payment proposal?

Check the config in FBZP for the Bank Determination.

NavyCNICNAF
Explorer
0 Kudos

Frank

I assume you have selected to have a proposal log generated. If not be sure to flag the following in F110 (Additional Log tab):

Due Date Check

Payment Method Selection if not successful

Line items of the payment documents

Then re-run your proposal and post the log here. Try to keep the number of payments to 1 or 2 so the log is small.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason, I ran F110 with your parameters and still I don't get any erros, but when i go to view proposal it comes up with red dots, under item indicator it has a 006 number.

The invoice to be pay shows up, but still see 0.00 under outgoing payments. I tried it by paying with ACH P, when I was testing and was able to pay it fine.

NavyCNICNAF
Explorer
0 Kudos

Frank

The proposal log (the job log as opposed to the display proposal button which has the red dots) should give the answer. You can get to the log from the initial F110 screen. It is just a job log but it has detailed information as to why it could not find a valid payment method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did just that,

here is the detail I got,

Payment with currency USD, payment method T: No valid payment procedure

Message no. FZ390

Diagnosis

The payment program could not find a combination of payment method and house bank account with which the payment can be carried out.

System Response

No payment is generated.

Procedure

In order to find out which combination of payment methods and house bank accounts were checked and subsequently not used, repeat the proposal run and activate the additional log for payment method selection for the account affected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

I re-ran propoal again, and got the following error

Payment method selection additional log

Payment method selection for items due now to the amount of USD 1.00-

Payment method "T" is being checked

Bank details are being checked

Customer/vendor bank details are being checked

System reads house banks and checks if they are allowed

House bank is selected ...

No suitable bank can be selected for comp.code YMMC pmnt meth. T curr. USD

No permitted payment method exists

nformation re. vendor E992791 / paying company code YMMC ...

.. payment not possible because of reported error

nd of log

ob finished

NavyCNICNAF
Explorer
0 Kudos

Frank

Okay the job says:

System reads house banks and checks if they are allowed

House bank is selected ...

No suitable bank can be selected for comp.code YMMC pmnt meth. T curr. USD

No permitted payment method exists

information re. vendor E992791 / paying company code YMMC ...

.. payment not possible because of reported error

May sure you have specified a House Bank in the vendor master record or line item. You can do this but to simplify the problem by eliminating this possibility.

Then if this is not the issue then your config in FBZP is where the error lies. SAP is reading that configuration (especially the Bank Determination - Ranking Order) to determine whether payment method T can be used. Ranking Order, Bank accounts, Available Amounts and Value Date all must be configured for payment method T and the house bank you are using for the EFTs.

Also check your house bank configuration (check the g/l accounts assigned and currency). Be sure that YMMC is the paying company code and the sending company code (assuming this is how you are setup). Make sure the payment method T is assigned to the company code.

Check your minimums for outgoing payments too but this would have appeared in the log.

Check the payment method for company code config and make sure you are using the Classic Payment Medium Programs.

If you have flagged Bank details required then make sure the vendor has bank details. Again this would have been logged but check anyway.

Check permitted currency USD has been specified.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It Worked!!!!!!

I was missing bank determination for payment method "T" they are pre-configured and I neglected to check this config step, since we are already using F110 for Checks.

Thank You so much for all your help, I truly appreciate taking your time to walked me thru the trouble shooting.

Hope everythign is well with you. Do you mind if I ask were are you located?

NavyCNICNAF
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good to hear, Frank! No problem, now be sure to check the format of the ACH file to ensure that it is compliant with your bank's requirements. We had to use several user exits to get this to work for us (no modifications though). I am located in Tennessee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am working with the ABAP consultant now, and also waiting for the bank requirements. This will be phase 2 of the ACH set-up. i will probable contacty you if I hit a wall.

You know you might know how to do this, I am trying to restrict access to F110 to some users. I want to give access to a user to create proposals only and to another user to do payment run. I tried looking into the objects thru security but did not find anything. Some one told me to use F111 but this transaction only gives you an option to do payments for G/L and Customers and not Vendors.

Have you implemented this type of restrictions.

We are not too far, I am in Atlanta,

Thank You for all your help.

NavyCNICNAF
Explorer
0 Kudos

Frank

You may want to start this question as a new thread. That way others can answer.

I will reply on the new thread, but yes what you want can be done easily.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did is called Authorization for F110, someone replied but I did not understand what tehy meant.

Appreciate your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

I am now working wiht teh ABAP perosn, we are egtting teh following error in the log. Do you know what it could it be?

Add.specifications for co.code YMMC: Tax no. USA (TIN) has not been entered

thank in advance for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning Jason,

Its me again, O.K we are able to generate file for bank, and generate payment advice for ACH-CTX. I am now trying to get the automated fax to work, but I ma stuck, do you have some literature as how to set-up the fax and e-mail option to send the payment advices?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

Not sure if got my last mesg, but i am finally able to produce a file to unix for bank, I am able to print paymetn advice, not I need to see how I can send payment advice via FAX and E-mail. Do you have any literature on this process?

I posted a new thread ACH payment advice

Thank You for your help

Answers (0)