Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System does not allow to me to change collect method in RZ20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I Have the problem with my SAP R/3.

I have productive, based on 4 application servers. In RZ20, alerts of MTE Operating System for one application server is not work. In nodes properties I have collect method "CCMS_Cpu_Collect_c". On other application servers - "CCMS_OS_Collect". System does not allow to me to change collect method

What will I do? Please help me.

Edited by: Viktor Unsub on Jul 18, 2008 4:55 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Victor,

the data collection method CCMS_OS_COLLECT is an ABAP report as you can see in the method overview in rz21. This report is used to collect the operating system data and send it to the CCMS.

As soon as you install the sapccm4x agent on an instance the agent will take over the data collection for the operating system subtree (this is also described in [note 522453 |http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/522453]. Important: point 4. of the note!). I.e. as soon as the agent is responsible for the data collection you will see the mentioned CCMS_Cpu_Collect_c.

If the MTE doesn't display data you should check if the agent is running.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer, Michael

>If the MTE doesn't display data you should check if the agent is running.

Please, help me. How can I chek this...

Edited by: Viktor Unsub on Jul 19, 2008 1:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Viktor,

a "sapccm4x -h" will give you the complete command list for the agent.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the BW System. I looked through it just out of interest. The collect methods of application servers there are different too. I checked whether the Agent Sapccm4x was running. However with SAP-profile of managed instance the System displayed that the Agent wasnu2019t started. Yet everything works fine.