cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Profile being Overwritten by another PI 7 Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have performed a system copy of one PI 7 SR2 server (serverA) to new a PI7 SR3 server (serverB), following the instructions 'System Copy for SAP Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver 7_0 SR3 ABAP and JAVA.pdf'.

Both systems are up and running (I am running them in parallel for testing purposes but they are on different LAN's and have different hostnames).

The problem is that the hostname entries in the Exchange Profile of serverA keeps getting overwritten to include the hostname of serverB.

Any suggestion as to why the Exchange Profile of the original server is being overwritten with the entries of the new server?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If that is the actual problem create Program id independent to each other

regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see that on serverB the RFC destination AI_DIRECTORY_JCOSERVER refers to serverA, so that might be the issue!

AI_DIRECTORY_JCOSERVER isn't mentioned in the system copy documentation.

I will make the change now and see on Monday if the Exchange Parameter has been overwritten.

Many thanks!

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see that on serverB the RFC destination AI_DIRECTORY_JCOSERVER refers to serverA, so that might be the issue!

AI_DIRECTORY_JCOSERVER isn't mentioned in the system copy documentation.

I will make the change now and see on Monday if the Exchange Parameter has been overwritten.

Many thanks!

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

The issue is with the Exchange Profile Connection settings, this may have copied over from the original system.

Goto Exchange Profile -> Connection and then check the parameters like Hostname, Sys num, Client, User ID and password in both the systems.

Regards,

Ananth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth,

Yes, serverB did point to serverA so I have changed that now. The instructions didn't mention going into the Exchange Profile -> Connection screen.

Many thanks!

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changing both of these things has resolved the issue!

Thank you

Paul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Just a view , check the standard RFC that is used to fetch data from exchange Profile.

I guess since both are having same program id , may be some conflict.

any views guys ??

lemme know if that could be the problem

regards

srini