cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII to SQL server "workgroup edition"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are there any MII issues connecting/integrating to a MS SQL server 'Workgroup edition 2005' as compared to the 'Enterprise edition'?

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There shouldn't be any.

As per MS the JDBC driver mentioned in the posts is compatible with SQL Servers 2000 & 2005 irrespective of the editions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apparently the Sqljdbc.jar file needs to be uploaded once again even though there is one provided by SAP along with NW.

When you upload the sqljdbc.jar using the System Management - JDBC Drivers, it adds the files to \Usr\SAP\...\tmp folder.

This connects to the SQL db.

Former Member
0 Kudos

even though there is one provided by SAP along with NW.

I think this one can still be used but you will have to define the new Dataserver as type "Datasource" rather than "IDBC".

Refer to Jeremy's responses in to get a brief idea on "Datasource".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have migrated from xMII 11.5 to xMII 12.0. I am having a similar problem with the SQL Db connection. MII does not seem to be connecting to the SQL db.

Is there a separate sqljdbc.jar file that needs to be uploaded ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to download the jdbc driver from the Microsoft Homepage und Upload the driver in MII.

Also you need to modify the following entries after creating a new Data Server

(Connector Type IDBC):

JDBCDRIVER = com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

ServerURL = jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;Database=Northwind

We have connect MS SQL 2005 without any problems.

Regards

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shankar,

From the main XMII page, go to System Managment--> JDBC Drivers. Then upload and deploy the sqljdbc.jar file.

If you dont have the sqljdbc.jar handy, It should be located on your 11.5 server in the <instalation drive>:\ServletExec AS\se-xMII\webapps\default\Lighthammer\WEB-INF\lib directory.

Regards,

Christian

Opps! guess you figured it out before I finished my post!

Edited by: Christian Libich on Jul 18, 2008 4:43 PM