cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging Java with NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just have a couple questions about debugging JAVA applications using the Netweaver Developer Studio.

We currently do not allow our developers to have a local Web Application Server. We are looking at possibly setting up a seperate sandbox server for them to develop to and test their code changes for a NW04 and for a NW04s WEBAS. They would still have a local Netweaver Developer Studio installed, butt they would connect to this sandbox.

Is there a limitation to how many people can connect to a sandbox server and debug using the Netweaver Developer Studio?

Also, what is the preferred platform for this situation? Is Windows the option for debugging these JAVA applications?

Is there any documention out there on this setup and how it all works?

Any replies would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale Dingmann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member698570
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just have a couple questions about debugging JAVA applications using the Netweaver Developer Studio. 
We currently do not allow our developers to have a local Web Application Server. We are looking at possibly setting up a seperate sandbox server for them to develop to and test their code changes for a NW04 and for a NW04s WEBAS. They would still have a local Netweaver Developer Studio installed, butt they would connect to this sandbox. 
Is there a limitation to how many people can connect to a sandbox server and debug using the Netweaver Developer Studio?

Yes there is a limitation. Only one developer can debug at a time. There is a separate port that is used for debugging. When you start the debugging from NWDS your NWDS is attached to the WEBAS using the debugging port and the port will then be blocked. Other developers trying to debug at the same time will get an error message as long as the port is blocked.

Also, what is the preferred platform for this situation? Is Windows the option for debugging these JAVA applications?

Mmmh, I guess most developers are using Windows for NWDS as I am but as long as NWDS is available for your OS (I think it should since it is based on Eclipse and Eclipse is available for Windows, Mac, Linux) there is no difference in debugging.You can use either OS for debugging. It's just a TCP Connection to the debugging port of your engine.

Is there any documention out there on this setup and how it all works?

Yes there is. It's quite easy.

Please have a look at this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/66/547f09281d464b951c9a3a6b06a12d/content.htm

It should guide through all necessary steps

Cheers

Answers (0)