cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i am using this BAPI, I am able to create a new material, but when I am trying to change the contents of the existing material for ex description if i not able to change it and it remains the same and provides the return message as "The material XXXXX has been created or extended".

what could be problem.

Please provide suggestions

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you have still not found the answers as per your expectations.

I would suggest that try to keep your BAPI in Z RFC where you can write COMMIT BAPI after your insert BAPI.

So that atleast you will see that the scenerio will work as expected.And then import this Z RFC with your scenerio.

Thanks

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you are using BAPI at proxy code.So just after your main BAPI write commit bapi.

Thanks

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is as simple as file to rfc, where at the rfc end i m using the BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA(Std. BAPI) so i cant explicitly write the code here in this bapi. Suggest me how to proceed.

I am not using any proxies.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Are you able to change the material in R/3 using the BAPI directly ?

Please try to change the BAPI created by running the BAPI at R/3 directly.

If it is working fine then you need to check the BAPI_COMMIT in RFC communication channel configuration.

Regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried that but the BAPI is getting updated only for the initial time and if there are any changes made to the existing data it is not getting updated.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use COMMIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Please provide some input. I got some info like i need to use BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT, once i receive success message but how do i initiate that using XI, because th import paramter for BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT is "WAIT". so what should be the value i need to provide for this.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to specify the sequence for the BAPI by choosing the option define sequence. The sequence should be

1) BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT

2) Your BAPI i.e.BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA

3) BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You dont have to pass any parameters for this FM.Just after your Insert BAPI put BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT. It will work

Thanks

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

How do i specify the sequence in XI. Could you please elaborate on the process.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam