cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier Registration Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to configure Supplier Registration and preselection process in EBP.

1. Supplier is filling Registration form and sending the same.

2. This data is appearing in preselect supplier screen with option to accept and reject or set to NEW.

3. Manager is accepting the same in preselect screen but he is not getting any indication or message that action is complete. There is no acceptance indication is coming.

4. Further in preselect screen on clicking supplier link supplier data should appear that is also not happening

5. While I am going to Manage business partner to convert new registered to bidder or Vendor than also it is not appearing.

I have activated all relevent services and all customization is done as per configuration guide.

What is missing?

Thanks

Sanjay

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay,

3. There is no return message when accepting the supplier: its BP status is set to "Accepted" so it disappears from the refreshed list if you have default search criteria 'New'.

You should find the corresponding Prospect with BP transaction, with 'not released' flag unchecked in status tab.

By accepting this prospect, you only change its status via function ROS_BUPA_CHANGE_STATUS.

If there is a supplier directory activated in CCM, then this accepted vendor is sent to CCM, where it becomes selectable via OPI.

I think this is the only XI message related to this acceptance.

Otherwise, this accepted prospect is available in SRM/SUS Supplier directory, via OPI --> your step 5

There is no workflow at the moment.

4- In supplier prescreening, no additional data is supposed to be displayed (you just changed the prospect status)

5- if Self registration on SRM client: In SRM transaction Manage Business Partner, enter the new BP ID (got it from prescreening list) or search it and convert it to vendor. Then add all purchasing data, vendor org ID and so on.

Self registration & SUS are supposed to work on the same client/server, and SRM on another one.

I guess you are trying to make it work on a all-in-one installation. If not, the prospect remains in SUS and that's why you don't find it in SRM.

Then see next step:

You can also access directly to the accepted prospect from all sourcing activities (SOCO, VL, BID), via OPI "catalog". In that case you need purchaser autorisations to create a vendor in SRM automatically from retrive OPI data.

If SUS activated, an XI message is created to send the vendor to SUS.

You need to define a new web service in SRM, with type "List of vendors" where you define the vendor root node, and the calling URL:

http://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/bsp/sap/ros_prescreen/main.do

The same BSP is used for Supplier Directory, but the display is different.

Assign this web service ID in org attribute "Catalog ID".

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I am accepting Prospect in Preselct screen. It is not getting accepted. On Investigation I found a workflow for this event. And workflow is showing error in trace as below:

"BP role category BUP002 not assigned to transaction READ"

In IMG I have allowed transaction BPUS and CHAN for role BUP002.

What is missing?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay

I am having similar isuue in our SRM4.0 environment.

Vendor submit info in self registration form (service ROS_SELF_REG). Mail notification is sent.

In preselect suppliers screen (Business partner-->Preselect vendors) I am not finding that vendor when searched.

What could be the problem? please advise.

Thanks

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

i am facing similar issue. It would be great if you can give me some ideas.

<u>Snip-shot from your Reply to Sanjay.</u>

guess you are trying to make it work on a all-in-one installation. If not, the prospect remains in SUS and that's why you don't find it in SRM.

Then see next step:

You can also access directly to the accepted prospect from all sourcing activities (SOCO, VL, BID), via OPI "catalog". In that case you need purchaser autorisations to create a vendor in SRM automatically from retrive OPI data.

If SUS activated, an XI message is created to send the vendor to SUS.

You need to define a new web service in SRM, with type "List of vendors" where you define the vendor root node, and the calling URL:

http://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/bsp/sap/ros_prescreen/main.do

The same BSP is used for Supplier Directory, but the display is different.

Assign this web service ID in org attribute "Catalog ID".

<u> In my Case:</u>

Yes I am trying to use all-in-one client. I have my Supplier Registration and SRM Server configured in one client. I am not using any SUS or CCM for this purpose.

I have created a Web-Service ID with type "List of vendors" calling the "..../ros_prescreen/main.do" URL. I have also assigned it in the org attribute. This "List of vendors" link is then visible in all sourcing activities as you explained .

But here is my problem --> if a click on this link a new browser window is opend and the "Supplier Screening" application is displayed again. You said "The same BSP is used for Supplier Directory, but the display is different." But it is not happening in my case.

What could be missing?

Am I really calling the right URL?

Can we really use the "Supplier Screening" BSP also as "Supplier Directory"?

Message was edited by:

Thomas Herbst

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Data exchange should be route by XI, so maybe you can check routing message via transaction code <SXMB_MONI>.

Sorry, right now I don't have system to reproduce the detail step then reply to you.

best regards,

Dean Huang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Your description make me think there is an error in a background process for the validation.

Did you check ST22 if there is any dump.

Also check the application monitors (RZ20 or through the web with user admin).

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay

Regarding your action, 2. This data is appearing in preselect supplier screen with option to accept and reject or set to NEW. Looks like there is workflow behind, did you check workflow is completed upon accepting and update SRM Partner BUT* tables.

If the BP is not created yet, then you will not see in Manage Business Partner, or else.

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim/CHRISTOPHE/Jayasankar,

Can you help in this matter?

Message was edited by: Sanjay Sharma