cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting WDA Application across servers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I developed an WD abap application in Server A and I Transported the same to B . Whereas I was able to transfer succesfully without an error.But I found no application was there in server B apart form component . To be specific there was no application for the respective component to generate a service in SICF.

Will i have to redo the application as the component is already there

Thanks In advance.

Ravi....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see the SAP note 1120682, this will solve your problem

Note Copied here

To execute a Web Dynpro application, you require an ICF service (transaction SICF). When you use the Web Dynpro Explorer (SE80) to create a Web Dynpro application, the system automatically creates this system.

If the system cannot create this service, it issues two messages:

1. The system issues an error message that describes the reason why the node cannot be created. Usually, this is due to an authorization problem (authorization object S_ICF_ADM).

2. The system issues an information message (SWDP_WB_TOOL 502) that has a long text describing how to proceed.

You can use transaction SICF to manually create the service later. However, you can do this only if the application name is not longer than 15 characters.

To subsequently create the service, in the Web Dynpro Explorer from the application maintenance, choose "Goto -> HTTP Service Maintenance".

If the service already exists, the system displays the screen for the service maintenance of the ICF node (transaction SICF).

If the service does not exist, the system displays a dialog box that asks whether the service must be created.

- When you confirm this, the system creates the service and displays the screen for the service maintenance.

- If you answer in the negative, the system displays the screen for the service maintenance of the superior node. (Here, you can manually create the service if required.)

Abhi

Edited by: Abhimanyu Lagishetti on Jul 18, 2008 12:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi ,

After Transporting,while running my application in Quality it throwing a error :

Note

The following error text was processed in the system CGQ : WebDynpro Exception: ICF service node for application /sap/public/myssocntl does not exist

The error occurred on the application server cgslsvr1_CGQ_30 and in the work process 0 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

The ABAP call stack was:

Method: RAISE of program CX_WD_GENERAL=================CP

Method: HANDLE_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_UCF====================CP

Method: IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP

Method: EXECUTE_REQUEST of program CL_HTTP_SERVER================CP

Function: HTTP_DISPATCH_REQUEST of program SAPLHTTP_RUNTIME

Module: %_HTTP_START of program SAPMHTTP

How can i resolve this,

Please help me to resolve this

Regards,

Ravi

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the case with one particular application or all?

go to SICF and activate the service

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

I just transported only one application.And it has Activated in SICF.

Still i m getting this error

Regards,

Ravi

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There are certain other services, beside just the ones for your application, that must be present and active. They are documented in this help link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/46/d28dfa34bb12bee10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Normally you get an error message if the standard nodes are not active. From this message, it would appear that one of the standard nodes is actually missing - not just deactivated. This is a serious problem and likely would only present if some intentionally deleted an SAP delivered Service Node.

Answers (0)