cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidation and Harmonization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Suppose I have 3 systems...System A ,System B and System C.

System A have material MAT01

System B have material MAT02

System C have material MAT03

But all these are same material but denoted by different material numbers.

So for consolidation I send all these materail to MDM and find the duplicates using rules and strategies.

I merged to one record and the material number now in MDM is MAT01.

I want to know what will happen to other records. Will it be there on MDM or deleted after merging?( (Leave the part of remote key)

Also after merging I want to syndicate back to the original system.

for eg: If I am sending back to System B what will happen to MAT02

If I am sending back to System C what will happen to MAT03.

How can we handle this?

Regards,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

When all the three records would be merged then in MDM only a single record is left that is after you click on merge all the three duplicate records will be merged to one record that you would have created.

After that only a single entry will be there in MDM that would actually point to the MAT01 record (record that is created aftre merge operation).

Now in case of different systems A, B and C, the record that would be send is MAT01 and all the entries which already exist in various systems would be Overwritten by the new entry

so that a commom entry with no duplication is saved on to each and every system.

And in case if in future further changes are to be done in this record, that would again be done in MDM and then the same changes would be Distributed to all the Systems, again to maintain the efficiency and effectiveness and also to make sure that no duplication should exist.

Hope this would be helpful!!!!!!

If helpful do reward points!!!!!

Regards,

Parul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

When you merge MAT01 ,02,03 into MAT01 a new merged record is created ,the materials MAT01 ,MAT02,MAT03 does not get deleted but remains in MDM.

MDM is a data hub and does not delete any thing automatically unless triggered manually.

The three materials continue to remain in MDM with their local ID which is originally MAT01,02,03 which you have mapped as your remote key while importing.

While syndicating you have the option to syndicate the local id as well as the global merged id .

The records that you will view in syndicator preview will only show you the global merged records but if you map the local id->to the value field in syndicator you will be able to view the local id as well.

This local id can then be used to retrieve the local information in the ERP or BI sytem as rquired.

Hope It Helped

Kindly Reward Points If Found useful

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for the fast response.

Still have some doubts...

If I merged the records, a new merged record is created with the key mapping of MAT01, MAT02 and MAT03.If the old records is not deleting, then why cant we able to see the old one ( Here In this case MAT02 and MAT03 records) after merging.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

After merging only the final merged record will be there and not the previous three but the record with the merged values and it will contain the remote keys of all.The previous records are not deleted but updated and are now represented with a single one.

The previous records will be on the database server but not on MDM server and we cant see or get them back after merging as this action cant be undo.

Rgds

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

When u merge the records into one others will not be present as here only MAT01 will be there and will represent all the three MAT01,MAT02,MAT03.

When u will syndicate the record with MAT02 will be updated with MAT01 (updated/merged one) in System B and also both MAT03 & MAT01 in System c & System A.

Rgds

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Also after merging I want to syndicate back to the original system.

for eg: If I am sending back to System B what will happen to MAT02

If I am sending back to System C what will happen to MAT03.

How can we handle this?

This guide will help you [Syndication of Multiple Selective Values to Respective Source Systems Based on Key Mapping |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80eb6ea5-2a2f-2b10-f68e-bf735a45705f]

+ An