Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when upgrading from NW04s SP13 to SP15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following problem when i try to upgrade my NW04s from SP13 to SP15:

I copied all files from SPS15 into usr\sap\trans\EPS\in.

When i start the JSPM it recognizes the SP correctly with its version. but i'm not able to continue installation because the entry for the SAP_KERNEL has the status "REVISE".

When i click on "Show Details" there is the following error message:

Details message(s):

Kernel with support package level SAP KERNEL and version 7.00.146.0 that is located in
<hostname>\sapmnt\trans\EPS\in is invalid. Kernel with patch level SAP KERNEL UNICODE WINDOWS_I386 and version 7.00.146.0 witch archives names
<hostname>\sapmnt\trans\EPS\in\SAPEXE_146-20000972.SAR is invalid. Required archives SAPEXEDB.SAR are missing from kernel archive set
<hostname>\sapmnt\trans\EPS\in\SAPEXE_146-20000972.SAR

I tried everything up to now and i'm not able to upgrade to SP15 using JSPM.

Hope somebody can help me.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Did you donwload the Kernel and put it in EPS/in ?

To update the kernel you need 2 files. SAPEXE... and SAPEXEDB ... as mentioned in the log. Did you check that?

Best regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I downloaded the whole SPS (including the 2 kernel files). The name of the files is exaclty the same than in the SPSTab.xml

I have also downloaded an other SAPEXEDB from SAP Service Marketplace, but it didn't work too.

I don't know what's wrong here?

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very strange. I would suggest to download SAPEXE_146-20000972.SAR again. This file could be corrupted...

Did you try to do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I haven't tried to download the SAPEXE again, but I will do so.

I will inform you, if it works.

@ Nelis

Yes, I updated the JSPM before I tried to update the rest.

Regards,

Martin

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You shouldn't have to download the kernel again. Just test it with SAPCAR -tvf ..if it shows the data fine then the file should be OK.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested the SAPEXE.SAR and the ouput was fine. I also have downloaded the file again in the meanwhile. Now I will try to update with this file, but i think it's exactly the same file because the size is the same.

I have now tried the other SAPEXE with the same result. I don't know whats going wrong here

Regards,

Martin

Edited by: Martin Rainer on Jul 21, 2008 8:54 AM

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I know kernel 146 had some issues which my Solution Manager picked up(see note 1150058), which may be the cause of that status. Can you try with a newer kernel 159 possibly ?

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to integrate an other kernel version as the one found on SAP Service Marketplace for SPS15? Do i have to edit the SPSTab.xml so that the JSPM recognizes the other files?

Regards,

Martin

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've never tried it to be honest. Try without editing the xml file, it should still pick up the newer kernel.

You can always try implementing the kernel manually first too.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

The JSPM doesn't recognize the new kernel patch level. I tried to edit the xml file, i renamed the SAPEXE_159_...SAR to SAPEXE.SAR ... but there was always PL146 recognized by the JSPM.

And I got the same error message but with changed filename (SAPEXE_159_...SAR)

Regards,

Martin

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm ..going back to your original error it looks like it is looking for a file SAPEXEDB.SAR. Try renaming the 146 SAPEXEDB kernel file to exactly that(don't forget to change the xml file back). Also take a look at [Note 901270 - JSPM: rules for kernel archives|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/901270].

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried everything now, I renamed both files, changed the xml to the changed filename. Nothings works. Also the SAP Note is only for JSPM < SP7 but i'm already on SP15 (with the JSPM - not with the kernel), so there is no need to put the SAPEXE & SAPEXEDB in separate directories.

There is always the same result.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

It must be a JSPM bug. What's your operating system?

As a workaround you could upgrade the kernel manualy...or open an OSS message..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm on Windows 2000. I don't know whether this could be a bug in JSPM. But I think if it is a JSPM bug, there would be a patch provided by SAP (by the way, I already updated my JSPM to patch level 1 ... nothing changed).

I have upgraded my kernel manually, but it seems not to be working, because it still recognizes the SP13 kernel patch level, although the files are updated.

Therefor i want to update it again via JSPM.

Regards,

Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

You need to update the JSPM first and restart it before you continue with installation, have you done this ? ..or is that not possible ?

I see there is a patch for JSPM SP015 which you can download attached to [Note 1168363.|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1168363].

Regards,

Nelis