cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximum lot size and min lot size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am working for pharma client. here the batch size of the SFG and FG is always fixed. but they can have more than one batch sizes . for ex, same product, batch size can be 100000 tablets or 450000 tablets. in prod version, i had given 0- 100000 as 100000 and 100000 to 450000 as 450000. while running mrp, the system is picking the bom based on the quanity but the lot size which it plans should be either 100000 or 450000. but if i select Fx, it proposes only than fixed lot size, if i select ex, based on requirement it is showing.

I want the system to propose based on the available batch sizes of the product. creating rounding off profile for each product for various batch sizes seems to be not feesible.

please suggest a better solution for this

regards,

senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Senthil,

You can use Rounding profile for the same.

As per your std validated batch size or Lot size prepare Rounding Profile in such a way that system only propose Lot size as per your difene lot sizes.

For this first you have to define your minimum and maximum lot size limit in Material master MRP - 1 view.

Then Create Rounding Profile using T. Code OWD1.

I am giving you one example.

Plant Rounding Prof Thresold Value Rounding Value

XXXX Comp. M/C 1 1 10000

9990 150000

145000 165000

Now my minimum lot size is 10000 while Maximum is 165000.

Now if my PIR or Sales qorder qty is is 50000 then after running MRP systemn will propose Planned order as per below

Plan order 1 165000

Plan order 2 165000

Plan order 3 150000

And if if requirement is only 8500 then system will create plan order for 10000 nos only.

or

Second option is you have to create different Production versions for different lot sizes.So that during MRP/MPS run system finds the neares production version to that order qty.

In Production order type T.Code COR4 you can set manual selcetion of Production version.But it only works during Manual Process order creation.

But I think Better way is go with Rounding profile.

Regards,

Dhaval

Edited by: Dhaval Choksi on Jul 18, 2008 2:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dhaval,

Thank you very much for your valuable input. i do agree that creation of rounding off profile will solve my problem and i did it already.

The problem is that, there are about 400 products , each having different batch sizes. so i have to create as many rounding profiles and attach that in material master. tommorow if there is any change in batch size, the user has to go to customerisation and change the thershold limit. This will be difficult.

There is a user exit for creating lotsize based on user requirement.but that also is not getting activated.

it is User Exit EXIT_SAPLMD

can u suggest anyother solution since this is very tricky and critical requirement of the client?

Thank you

regards,

senthil

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi senthil,

There is one simple way by going with Different Produiction version - lot wise.

System always find the nearest productin version during Plan order or Process order creation.So by mainting Logical lot size of production version you can come close to your solution.It will also help to inlcude some Pharama related (GMP) guideleines like you can maintain Production version text as per your MBD Nos. (Master Batch Documents )or MPD (Master Packaging Document) etc.

As I have said earlier you can set manual Production version selection (T.Code COR4).But it will work only during Manual Order creation.

I don't think User Exit will help much over this issue.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dhaval,

Already in my order type dependent parameters, i am using manual selection of production version only. In the master recipe, in bom header i had defined the production version is valid from 1 to 100000 no batch size and the next recipe for the same product will be from 100001 to 450000. when i run mrp,based on batch size the version is selected as per bom header but the selection of batch size is only problem

Which lot size procedure i have to select so that for that product, if the requirement is below 100000, it has to plan 100000 and if it above 100000 it has to plan 450000 other than rounding off profile?

thank you

regards,

senthil

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Fisrt set the Minimum And Maximum batch sizes as per your creteria (Min 100000 and Max. 450000)

Now Insted of Setting Production vesion lot size 1 to 100000.

Pls set it 100000 to 100000.

And for second one 450000 to 450000.

But still poroblem is system can propose any order quantity within the above mention minimum and maximum lot sizes during MRP run.

So put one checks by using User Exit

- PPCO0006 to predefine entries for order header fields when creating an order

- PPCO0001 to provide information at the time of saving (for production orders and process orders

- PPCO0007 to check or change header data when saving

We have imiplimented one checks in case of Order qty and Producion version doesnt match.

or

You can use Quata arrangement also.For this you have tic Quata arrangement in MRP2 view.And maintan the required setting regarding Lot size and Producion version selection in transection code MEQ1.

But at the last I can say is Rounding Profile is the Best solution.Yes in initial stages you have to change lot of master datas , but it can reduce the manual changes in during order Processing and you can find desired result during MRP also.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you dhaval,

You are throwing some lights in new dimension in this regard. but i couldnt understand that since all those user exits are related order processing.

sorry i am bothering you, but can you give me solution in more detail? i had maintained 2 prd versions as you told. which lot size procedure i have to select and how to activate that user exit?

This is very critical issue from my client side, i had posted it to sap also, but i didnt got any reply. as this is very basic requirement for pharma, there should be some solution for this.

regards,

senthil

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In every User Exit SAP has a provide a specific space or we are saying it as INCLUDE.We can put our own checks in it.And it can be wriitten and Activated by ABAPER only.

So You have explain your ABAPER about your requirement and whatever checks you want.

Best of Luck

Regards,

Dhaval