Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail-to-file scenario ...

zbynek_kabrt3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've implemented mail-to-file scenario and it works well except one thing. If the mail received by XI contains some special characters the characters are replaced by some others.

For example:

Email body contains text : Na Strži

Mail adapter creates payload which contains text : Na Str=BEi

or

Email body contains a few <new line> characters but they all are replaced by =20

I think that it's problem on side of Mail Adapter but I don't know whether some way to avoid it exists.

Could you advice to me, please? Thank you!

Best regards,

Zbynek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

hope this thread is helpful for you:

Regards

Patrick

zbynek_kabrt3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you but it relates by something-to-mail scenario and i solve mail-to-something.

Former Member

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

zbynek_kabrt3
Participant
0 Kudos

So the problem is solved.

I configured my Sender Mail Adapter to generate Base64 encoded payload. When I wanted to process the payload, at first I carried out Base64 decoding. It worked fine but the decoded payload contained the wrong characters as I mentioned. Then I found out that the payload is Quoted-Printable encoded too so I had to ensure QP decoding after Base64 decoding. So it seems the QP encoding is used automatically.

Anyway thanks a lot you all!

Regards

Zbynek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zbynek,

In your source message structure I suppose you are using the standard structure from the namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/Mail/30. If not you can download it from SAP service marketplace. See [this link|http://www.riyaz.net/blog/index.php/2008/02/27/xipi-configuring-the-sender-mail-adapter/] for configuration steps.

Specify the correct value under the Content_Type node of the message type Mail e.g. something like below -

<Content_Type>text/plain;charset="US-ASCII"</Content_Type>

The content type is dependent upon the content you wish to send and charset will correspond to character set/encoding etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Riyaz

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the encoding that u are using?

it should be ISO-8859-1

Edited by: Progirl Progirl on Jul 18, 2008 2:14 PM