Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE shutdown

former_member188806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When 4-5 users run a query simultaneously in our NW04s xSA system 1.0 systemwindowswe encounter an out of memory error & the J2EE engine shuts down.

After restarting it everything works fine.

Currently we have 1 sevrer node with 2 GB assigned to it.

Pls. help.

Thanks,

Saba.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saba,

Please verify if your system is configured as described in the SAP note 723909. In this note, there is a formula to calculate the number of server nodes you can configure. It would be a good idea to add at least one more.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Rafael Toshiaki

PS: Please consider rewarding points for helpful answers on SDN.

former_member188806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've already checked this note...the note talks about havng 2 gb for the server nodes..bt would it be fine if i have 2 server nodes with 1 gb each?

Thanks,

Saba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saba,

The note talks about 2GB of Heap memory for each server node only in cases when the system is 7.00 and 64-bit. What is your case? The advantage of adding a new server node is: if one server node goes down, the users that are in the second server node will not be affected. If you have enough resources, you can add a new server node with 2GB too (in case you have 7.00 and 64-bit).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Rafael Toshiaki

PS: Please consider rewarding points for helpful answers on SDN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saba,

This problem could be solved by incresing the paging file size. If it is the windows server, follow the procedure as mentioned in below mentioned URL for increasing the paging file size.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237740&Product=win2000

Thanks and Regards

Seshu

former_member188806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply...currently with 16 GB RAM I have a VM of 44 GB ..isnt this sufficient?

Would increasing the server nodes help or ahving 2 server nodes with 1 GB each.

Thanks,

Saba.