cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking for the shipment document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, experts.

I've faced with a process that I don't know how to implement in a standard system. Please, help.

Customer uses two ways of loading trucks:

1. Several deliveries for a truck, with delivery allocation (stock is divided among deliveries)

2. Several deliveries for a truck, without delivery allocation (the total quantity of each material is taken, division among deliveries is not performed)

The way the truck is loaded depends on the delivery priority. One track always carries deliveries of the same priority, so warehouse manager always know, what type of load to use.

WMS is integrated, so we have to pick with the transfer orders. The first type of loading makes no problem, we use standard picking for an outbound delivery, but the second one does.

We need a TO for a whole shipment document. All the ways of picking I've found in a standard system suppose the allocation (direct picking, 2-step picking, TO for multiple deliveries). Is there any other way ?

If there's no one, maybe someone can advise me how to handle this process?

I can summon the Gods of ABAP, but they will ask for a detailed requirement specification, so I have to settle the process in my head first.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As no other ideas arise, i'm closing the question.

Will have to use 2step picking some how.

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you try wave picks?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I tried 2-step picking (I mentioned above). It uses wave picks as a basis.

While processing a wave picks the stock is also separated among the deliveries (ether in a direct picking or 2-step picking), but customer needs the summary transfer order for picking all the deliveries into a truck without any separation.

I would be nice, to have a shipment document number as a destination storage bin in a TO, with cumulative quantities being transfered. The difference handling is also required.

We proposed this kind of process (based on 2-step picking):

1. Creating separate wave picks for shipment documents

2. Creating TO for removal step of 2-step picking. Printing.

3. Picking

4. Confirming TO with differences. If any, go to step 2.

5. Creating TO's for allocation step of 2-step picking, without printing.

6. Immediate confirmation, without difference handling.

7. Printing shipment document as a Load List (a special developed print form)

8. Loading materials into a truck (moving from the "picked material" area into a truck, on the basis of a Load List)

This process seems to be very "heavy" and It's not really transparent for the end user.

The picking area in a 1st step is replenished without any tie to a shipment document or deliveries group, so it's hard to determine appropriate stock in a picked materials area.

Parallel processing of several shipment documents with same materials can not be performed, because they would rather compete for the stock in a picked mtrls area, at 2nd step.

There are more issues that make this solution, not appropriate for this process.

Is there any other solution, I wonder?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My customer works as follows; a group TO is created based on the shipment. From there, 2-step picking is performed where the delivery TO only needs to be handled administratively. I think we used exit MWM2S001 for this.

Regards,

MdZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would you give me a bit more details, please?

What do you exactly mean by "... delivery TO only needs to be handled administratively". That's not realy clear for me (

The way I can use MWM2S001 is not obvious also (

Thanks.