cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSC-01004 Could not create task file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam installing Solution manager 3.2 on Solaris 9 + Oracle 9.2 server . While mid of DB instalnce it is throwing error "<b>MSC-01004 could not create task file

/tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN32/WEBAS_ABAP_ORA_UC/DB/SAPSSEXC.TSK"</b>

This is very urgent , please any one can help me to solve.

Thanks,

Shaik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

During the database creation and load the installation switches to the <SID>adm user. If you mounted your DVD as root, then <SID>adm may not be able to access the files...

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this same/similar error installing R3 Enterprise on MS 2003 MS SQL 2005. The <SID>adm did not have terminal service logon rights to the the server that housed the shared drive which contained the install files. Once the <SID>adm had rights to logon to the remote server this issue was resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

During the database creation and load the installation switches to the <SID>adm user. If you mounted your DVD as root, then <SID>adm may not be able to access the files...

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Could you please elaborate on which lib files the permissions were incorrect? I know that you may have to change libclntsh.so.9.0 but are there others?

Thanks,

Lori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had this problem and the Lori post was the solution. In mi case, I was installing 4.7 from "Homogeneous System Copy" and the check is unselected in "Extract Oracle Client Software" where the libclntsh.so.9.0 isn't installed.

I see the error with "R3trans -d" command in trans.log referenced to libclntsh.so.9.0 file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you please helpme..i have the same problem....appear teh same thing:

about libclntsh.so.9.0 file, please help me...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I faced similar problem when installing SAP R/3 4.7 / Ora9.2.0. on AIX.

Check lines above the error in your log file; i.e sapinst.log, which could lead u to the real problem & error.

My case was when I pathced Ora to 9207, the permission of some lib* files in /oracle/client/920_64/lib changed which caused MSC-01004. Once I changed the permission, the installation continued. I'm not sure how this is related.Also don't create *.TSK file manually; i.e touch *.TSK

cheers

Sunthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem has been resolved myself.

Thanks

Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

May I know the solution for this problem?

Regards,

cvr/

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a similar problem here, would you please post the solution which you used to solve this?

Thanks!

Maryam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

Iam installing export dvd's through local disk not from n/w . And also assigned 777 access all the folders.But no luck . Please help.

Thanks,

Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Could you please paste the SAPSSEXC.log.

regards

Anand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Please try this,

1. If you've mapped the installables through a network drive, check whether the network drive is still available.

2. Check whether you have Read/Write access to that particular directory in Unix.

3. Check whether you have sufficient disk space.

Regards,

Siva

P.S: Award points if you find this useful.