cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 help popup to browse file path in web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need F4 help popup to browse file path in Web dynpro (for example C:\dir\file.xls). Popup should come like FM "F4_FILENAME" in report programming.

Am i need to create another window or is there any other standard functionality there for this help.

Please give your view to achieve this.

Thanks

Gokul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gokul,

you can make use of the ui element fileupload/filedownload, which will help u to give the file path.

create a window and a view for that popup. In that view, insert a fileupload element.

Regards...

Arun.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to get file browse pop up before download?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gokul,

u can make use of the method attach_file_to_response in the class CL_WD_RUNTIME_SERVICES, which will prompt the user to save the file.

hope this helps u....

Regards...

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

I need to do certain functionality if the download is successfull. So if i use ALV how i can come to know the user has done save or not. If i allow the user to select the file path with file name then i can download the file in the specific path then if the download is success then i can perform set of functionality (Need to modify records of database table as per my requirement).

-Gokul.

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Web Dynpro you can not know whether user has saved it or not, because it is client side functionality and Browser has limited access to the I/O of the client system

where as in SAPGUI the GUI is always connected to the server, hence it is possible.

browser works only on HTTP requests and response, this is not possible

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun & Abhi,

File upload UI element has showing File browse pop up. But i want to download file from an internal table to Excel. User need to give file path so that the directory selection needs to be done. And also the user will select the directory and type the file name (File so far not exist) for download.

If i add UI element 'File Download' I am getting a link and i cant browse directory and give file.

Give your suggesions.

Thanks

Gokul

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why don't you use ALV control there is option export to spread sheet

Abhi

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FileUpload UI element has ibuilt functionality to show the file open dialogue in browser

See WDR_TEST_EVENTS standard web dynpro components for more information

Abhi